Brake on a Rem 700 FS1 Sendero 7mm STW?

General RE LEE

I'm considering getting Sendero threaded for a brake. Recoil already isn't bad cause of rifle weight but I'd like to stay on target better at the shot.

Does a brake reduce recoil considerably on the 7mm STW? Anyone had a Sendero threaded?

thanks

I have muzzlebrakes on two rifles, one is a .308 Norma Magnum that has a Sendero contour barrel and the other is a .284 that has a medium sporter barrel. The muzzlebrake effectively reduced recoil by about 40-50%. A muzzlebrake will turn the recoil of a 7mm STW into that of like a 7mm-08. It will work very well.

For cost and posterity reasons I do not want to thread the muzzle of my Sendero 7mm STW. Will a Witt clamp on brake be as effective reducing recoil as a thread on?
Whether it's clamp on or threaded a brake will reduce recoil but I personally have never owned a clamp on and never will you can't tell me that somethings squeezing down with that much pressure does not change the barrel diameter at all and besides I wouldn't trust it to come loose or be thrown down the range just sounds like a bad idea or work around to me have your barrel threaded have a thread protector made if you don't want to use a break put on the thread protector

For cost and posterity reasons I do not want to thread the muzzle of my Sendero 7mm STW. Will a Witt clamp on brake be as effective reducing recoil as a thread on?
Yes, but the threaded version is the safer and the right course of action between the two, just like most of us recommended on your Tikka 3X thread. The cost of threading the muzzle is ~$100. We can only advise, but you have the ultimate decision and the consequences associated with it. Good luck and be safe.

Whether it's clamp on or threaded a brake will reduce recoil but I personally have never owned a clamp on and never will you can't tell me that somethings squeezing down with that much pressure does not change the barrel diameter at all and besides I wouldn't trust it to come loose or be thrown down the range just sounds like a bad idea or work around to me have your barrel threaded have a thread protector made if you don't want to use a break put on the thread protector
Yeah a clamp on seems like an accident waiting to happen. Just my thoughts

Put the Witt clamp on brake on my Sendero 7mm STW this evening. Easy install and looking forward to shooting.

Attachments

• 9577BC70-823A-4384-ACFB-921D95C4E21E.jpeg
    9577BC70-823A-4384-ACFB-921D95C4E21E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 76