Brake on a 7RM????

I have put several on 7mm Sendero's If you plan to shoot long and will be shooting prone I would only opt for a side discharge brake. The radial brakes with holes on the bottom stir up one heck of a dust storm. There are many side discharge brakes to choose from that work well, but for your rifle this is what I would install.

JP - Compensators - Bennie Cooley Signature Series

Enjoy!!

Jeff

+1 on the Beenie Cooley! I have one on my .270 AI and I'm very pleased, being able to see impact on target is priceless. :):Dgun)

Below is a video I took fire-forming to AI (pushing 175gr Matrix VLD at 25919 FPS), kinda shaky because I forgot my rear shooting bag to stabilize the shoot but overall it's not bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, after reading on this website and deliberating with myself about it for a loooonnnnnggggg time, I took the plunge, and put a brake on my 7RM Sendero yesterday.

I ended up with a LongRifles Inc Brake. I went up to Sturgis to see Chad Dixon about it. Figured I would drop it off and come back in a few weeks to pick it up. After I handed it to him, started working. I asked him what his lead time was for work in his shop, he said it would be done in a couple hours, so here I have it. Easier for him to get that local stuff done and out of there so little projects like mine aren't in the way. Great customer service, heck of a guy. Highly recommend him.

I am having an adjustable cheek piece put in my HS stock and I have bedded the recoil lug area. Once I get it all back and together, I will be working up some loads with some 180gr Berger Hybrids so we'll see what happens. It shot 1/2 MOA with 168's. I think it may have only shot that bad because of not having a good cheek weld for the most part so hopefully this helps. I am convinced the gun can shoot better than the shooter. hahaha

Nope, side discharge.

He is updating his website. His breaks aren't like the ones on there anymore. They started out as that, but now they are different.

Visually, they are similar to a Defensive Edge brake. Can't wait to get everything put together and give it a whirl.

Nope, side discharge.

He is updating his website. His breaks aren't like the ones on there anymore. They started out as that, but now they are different.

Visually, they are similar to a Defensive Edge brake. Can't wait to get everything put together and give it a whirl.

Cool, I'm sure Chad will deliver a shooter.

Decided to brave the cool weather this morning and shoot some test loads with the new uncle brake. Pretty sure it was the greatest thing ever. The guy with me was debating if the recoil was more than his 223. I wouldn't go as far as to say that myself but it was 243ish at the very most.

Anybody who is even considering a brake my advice is do it. And they aren't as loud as I thought they would be. Either I thought it was going to be way worse or its a good brake design. Just thought I would throw in a little update

Actually yes, I think so. My groups overall are about the same. But it is because I put two bullets in one hole and then have a brain far and shoot a bad shot. I think if my marksmanship skills ever completely come together the gun itself will leave a ragged hole. I wasn't capable of helping it do that before

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.