Brake on a .243 / 6MM

I put one on a 6x47 Lapua. I really didn't need it, but it's a designated varmint round so I wanted to spot hits no matter the distance. The thing kicks less than my AR! Depending on what you want to do, you don't need one but it'll make it so an infant could shoot it :D

What a great look MDL 70 What contour is your barrel? What kind of Brake is that it looks like its the same diameter as the barrel. One of the things that keeps me away from a brake is that I dont want a potato on the end of my barrel........
yes, it would be nice to have very little recoil...............

Center shot Rifles ....................what was your wait time on your rifle ..........did you or they order the parts.........

G

What contour is your barrel?.......On my 7WSM it is a #7, on my 6x47 Lapua it is a MTU contour. They both weight @ #15, I don't plan on hiking a lot with them lol

What kind of Brake is that it looks like its the same diameter as the barrel. One of the things that keeps me away from a brake is that I dont want a potato on the end of my barrel........ Both of my brakes where the "Muscle Brakes" that Jim at Center Shot Rifles developed. When he built my rifles I told him that I wanted them to be a seemless fit and he worked his magic.

What was your wait time on your rifle ..........Approximately 9-12 months, but unfortunately Jim sold his shop and now works for Surgeon Rifles.

did you or they order the parts.........He ordered everything, I just communicated via email back and forth numerous times and then when I was happy I wrote the check.

I put one on a 6x47 Lapua. I really didn't need it, but it's a designated varmint round so I wanted to spot hits no matter the distance. The thing kicks less than my AR! Depending on what you want to do, you don't need one but it'll make it so an infant could shoot it :D

That is exactly why I'm getting a brake installed on my 6-284. Not a hard kicking rifle by any means, but hard kicking enough that the scope comes back and slaps my hat brim. Not good for spotting shots on gophers and PD's.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.