Brainwashing of America

Wild Monkey

Recently we took a family trip. We were headed in the Direction of West Texas. I remarked to my Wife this might be a great opportunity to have the kiddos fire the AR-15 and get some trigger time. Now knowing what I know about the Wild Blue Yonder I was talking about one of the many vast sections of land that is uninhabited by Modern Man. My Wife went Ballistic going on and on on how I was gonna get arrested and the Only place you can legally fire a Gun is at a Gun Range! I'm not talking about being irresponsible here, I wouldn't do that. What I see here is the Brainwashing that has occurred. We're talking about a Gal who grew up in a family of Hunters and spent some time without running water or Electricity when she was a toddler as her Parents literally lived in the Hills. I don't know if it's all her City-Slicker College Degrees that's altered her mindset or what? It's happening all over, whether it's the TV - Cable Media or Social Media or whatever. Doggone it Man, this Country was Born by Men with Guns! Most kids growing up today believe all this nonsense against Guns.

Try being married to a Canadian girl..

The inlaws' faces went ghost white when I nonchalantly dropped a coyote while we were driving around in the pasture on my place.

You would have thought just having a rifle behind the seat of the truck was a lifetime offense. It took two years to convince them a rifle is a tool just like a hammer or wrench, and that it wont actually jump up and kill them by magic.

Same here Phoeniceltic...my wife was born in Colombia so only drug dealers had firearms...she now hunts and fishes with me all the time.
IMG-20190914-WA0011.jpg

As you can see she isn't shy about it now...but I'm still not going to discharge a firearm any place without the same reaction. If it's not the range or the deer lease she act like it's an under the jail offense!

My oldest daughter is collage educated and shot several deer when she was small...but she came out a bunny hugger...my parents both hunted this year after many years of not hunting...thought it w ok...i old be ok to send her the trophy photos...nope, she blocked me on her phone!

She has a safe full of AR-15's (I know she does because she got them from me) and voted for President Trump...will again.

Crazy, I never thought I would live to see what is happening!

Try being married to a Canadian girl..

The inlaws' faces went ghost white when I nonchalantly dropped a coyote while we were driving around in the pasture on my place.

You would have thought just having a rifle behind the seat of the truck was a lifetime offense. It took two years to convince them a rifle is a tool just like a hammer or wrench, and that it wont actually jump up and kill them by magic.
Need to "get" new "in Laws"! Or, just get rid of the ones around!😂😂😂👍

As an older parent (53) with kids 10 and 13, I can tell you that this brainwashing and indoctrination, which has actually been going on for a long time, is accelerating at a frightful pace. One of the reasons is that many of the elementary and secondary school teachers (high-school as well) at this point are products of liberal indoctrination centers themselves. There is really no way to combat this unless you want to home school or put you kids into private schools. For me, there is some saving grace because I live in a relatively "conservative" county - but drive 20 miles down the road and you're in Looney Land.

I make a habit of talking to my kids about what they learn a regular basis, which is easy because I pick them up from school. In a recent discussion, my daughter was tasked with writing 3 paragraphs on the merits of recycling. I'm sure this assignment was made after the class was shown a "tear-jerker" Youtube video showing a sad baby Polar Bear on a melting ice island. So I said: Honey, you know that Polar bears are actually doing very well and thriving as species? I go on to tell her that sometimes we can't believe everything we're taught at school, to think for herself, and ask her mother and Myself questions about anything she has questions on. She does and we often talk about these types of things at the dinner table. The best way to combat this stuff in my opinion is by family interaction and discussion. That is why the Left tries so hard to break families up.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts