Brace yourselves... the stupid questions are coming

Hello and thanks for letting me join your fine group. I first stumbled across this page while doing research for a new rifle I just bought and the loads I'm going to develop for it (components are on back order for a while yet lol). I've been reloading for a number of years but always just thrown some ammo together from whatever the manual says and it was good enough to kill an elk so just rolled with that.

The rifle I just bought is a 6.5 PRC Browning X Bolt Stalker with a heavy-ish 26" barrel wih 7" twist. I'll be loading 156gr Berger Elit Hunter EOL's with Retumbo powder ignited by CCI 200 primers. I'm curious about you guys' thoughts on this combination. I'm looking forward to the load development process this time and have already run into terms and processes that I didn't even know existed (hence the screen name.)
Greetings from the Big Sky Counrty. Welcome to LRH and enjoy it. The search is an excellent tool to query. I highly recommend using it before you post any questions. There are lots of things here that have been covered. Cheers!

Welcome to LRH.

I think you're off to a good start on your rig. I don't have much experience with the prc but it's similar to the 284 case. I question if H1000 wouldn't be a better choice given the case capacity but if that's all you have then it will certainly work.

Best of luck with the new rig and enjoy r, but
Yep H1000 was my first choice, but I couldn't find any and the store where I found the Retumbo let me buy a couple pounds so I jumped on it.

Tho slightly different than your exact combo, I've got two loads for a 300 Win Mag that are both on the hotter side. One is running Retumbo with Norma brass, the other with H1000 and ADG brass. Both loads are incredibly good shooters and so far, have proven extremely temperature stable. My SD's are slightly better with the H1000 but I've taken the Retumbo load out to 1 mile without issue.

Welcome!