Bp-Technology muzzle break

Tell you the truth I've only ever had a JP put on a 300rum in a lss. Brought it down so it kicks like a 243. Down fall is that they are one of the ugliest muuzle brakes you will ever see. But the performance is un Questionable.

I should clarify. I bought one, actually two, for the express purpose of using them to tame muzzle jump. When installing them for that purpose you must fine-tune the diameter of the hole the bullet exits from. Not only couldn't my gunsmith get the first one to work to tame muzzle jump, I had BP themselves adjust the second one I purchased and they coudn't tame the muzzle jump either.

My goal was to use their technology to enable me to use lighter weight rifles and still be able to see bullet impact on game. (I usually hunt without a spotter-partner.)

Len

Only one that I have seen that comes close to doing exactly what you are talking about is the Answer brake. That one is the best for that and seems to be relatively quieter than most.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts