BP Cartridge rifle scope

J E Custom

I am trying to decide what kind of site system to install
on my 45/120 high wall browning and need to know if anyone
has ever used the Leatherwood Malcolm scope.

I realy like the Browning Vernier Soule and globe front set up
but was looking for something in a scope that looked like the
1870 to 1890 period optical sites .

The leatherwood scope is a 6x 30''long blued steel scope with
20 MOA of windage and 200 MOA of elevation.

Any comments good or bad would be appreciated

J E CUSTOM

Not a Malcom, but I have quite a bit of experience with the tasco.
I did not like the adjustments and base set up on mine, so I had me tool and die buddy build me a set .
He made three, but I think they are all gone.
Here's some pics.
This is a a 40/65 Uberti BTW, and my buddy here is shooting it at 400 yards across the river at a 1 foot square rock - yup, he hit it!:)
The mounts are fully adjustable, and lock up as well.
I sold a set of the mounts to a guy who put them on a malcom BTW, and he was VERY pleased with them.
David
BigJonwithmyhighwall.jpg

4065strbrd.jpg

rearscale.jpg

frontscale.jpg

I've used the scopes from Montana Vintage Arms for BPCR silhouette and they're a great piece of kit. I've only shot in one scope match (using a friend's Rolling Block) and as I recall I did pretty well (the match was almost a year ago now). I've never used the Leatherwood so I can't comment on it. The MVA will run you $950 to $1100 for the scope which includes mounts. Not cheap but you never regret buying good optics. I'm still young and see well enough to use aperture sights, but the Old Man (71 years) is thinking the scope would make life a lot easier for him.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.