Boyds Stock for a Ruger M77

I have a Boyds Prairie hunter on my lh 7mmstw and my kid's 6.5 creed. This stock is WAY under rated.
I've got a heck of a problem with my stw-- I felt bedded the barrel as I didn't feel like taking enough material out to free float a #5 Shilen barrel. Now I keep head shooting stuff with it; the buck in my pic was head shot at 300 yards+.

Will that scope get you to 1000?
Huntsman,

Not on game for me, definitely not with my current capabilities. I can see well enough through it at 1,000yds to shoot at reasonably sized steel targets (24"ish). With factory Hornady superformance I'm shooting a 117gr. SST @3100fps, my ballistics calcuator says that will put me coming up 31 MOA @ 1,000yds. 1,000yds is definitelya stretch but it will work for now. It definitely limits accuracy at extended ranges, the next set of upgrades will probably be a better scope and after market trigger.

Last edited:
Boyds makes a drop in thumbnails for the tan safety rugers now??? I am asking because my cousin was looking for one for his 25/06. He called looked for them and called them and they told him they didn't make one for the older rugers? That has been 2 or three years ago though.
Nice job. Looks great.

My son's 77 Tang in 25-06 heavy barrel. Stock is maple. Shoots the 115 Berger VLDH sub 1/2 MOA out to 500. The coyotes hate it.

Attachments

• IMG_0695.JPG
    IMG_0695.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 233
I have a ruger m77 mark ii and to fix the heavy trigger I bought a new spring for it, I believe it was from Ernie's or something along those lines online, cost me more to ship it than the actual spring but I was an instant upgrade in performance. An easy option to think about. The gun looks great.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.