boyds pro varmint stock endurance?

I have a 300 win mag in a savage action and I wanr to put a suppressor on it. Would this laminate stock be able to withstand the harsh recoil of hot reloads and the additional weight of a suppressor on the muzzle?

I am probably getting the Silencerco Harvester which is about 12ozs and put it on my 24 inch barrel.I have never pillar bedded a rifle but I have glass bedded this factory stock.

TFW, I have bedded numerous Boyd's stocks for friends and find them very strong. It will easily withstand hot loads from 300WM and the suppressor. Just be sure to check inletting before bedding since most stocks aren't perfect. The pillars aren't too difficult and there are many videos online to help. Good luck

Great! Did you swap bottom metal too? I am looking at PTG stelth bottom metal for this. Stevens 200 centerfeed non accutrigger

TFW, if you haven't ordered the Boyd's, call them and tell them what you need. Boyd's are very customer friendly. All the Boyds stocks I have bedded were for strictly stock components.

Good idea to call them and discuss your application. Also, take a look at some of their videos where they intentionally torture test a stock. Very impressive.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts