BOYDS, AtOne, or Pro Varmint Savage stock

If I remember correctly, there should be a silver tab at the rear of the mag that you can carefully pry up with a flat head screw driver. I found this pic online...
Thank you, it makes sense, and I believe I saw that somewhere, BEFORE, I got my own.
Still trying to decide Iin which stock though, the three options I have, all have pros, and cons.
Thanks again, great pic.

Ok all ye, SAVAGE owners, I just bought a Model 10, Tactical, 308, non Accustock. Have looked a few replacement stocks, and have came down to the AtOne, or the Pro Varmint, both are BOYDS.
Looking for any inputs, pros, cons, goods bads, or even suggestions. New to the Savage game, love it, and all the possibilities.
Don't know why I didn't do this before now.
Even considered the Bobby Hart, on Stockys site too!
Thoughts?
Thanks to all, especially the barrel nut cranks!

I have a 308 Savage M 10 , and it cost 500 bucks when I bought it in 2008...Shoots threw the same hole at 100 yards. It's tactical too. All stock.

I have a 308 Savage M 10 , and it cost 500 bucks when I bought it in 2008...Shoots threw the same hole at 100 yards. It's tactical too. All stock.
Went shooting last sunday, this time with handloads.
Using 175 Nosler, RDF, 47.7 grains of Shooters World, Match, a propellant, I've never used before, I put three in a hole, barely ragged, a few times. Didn't like the Sierra green tip, but loved the RDF's.
Loaded up more of the same load, to retry it, once more.
Point is, this is a stock, pardon the pun rifle, non accustock, unbedded, way less then a hundred rounds through it, that shoots like this.
I still want to replace the stock, but the pressure,is off now, as originally, I thought it was a definite thing to HAVE to change it to get any accuracy from it.
Really considering the Bobby Hart model. I've owned one of those before, and they are incredible. Tawny Brown.
Thanks for the feedback.

I have both. The At One is on my 10 yr old sons 6.5 creedmoor and the Pro Varmint is on a 204 ruger - both are savages. I like the at one because of the adjustability. My son and I can both shoot it very comfortably with a little adjustment. I am 6'5" and I lower the cheek rest and extend the butt plate and its like it was made for me. It will also adjust as my son grows, which I thoight was cool. The At One is a heavy little sucker, I was surprised and a little disappointed. My son loves it - that may change once he has to lug that sucker all over the mountain, but it will build character right?

I love how the pro-varmint stock fits and feels. I wish I would have paid extra for the adjustable cheek rest - i have a Millett LRS on the 204 and with the 56mm objective I need to do something for a better cheek weld. Both are high quality and I don't believe you will be disappointed either way.
I am a new member. Can you tell me if the At One stock and the Pro Varmint stock have identical recoil pads. I found a listing for prefit pads for the At One and I own a Pro Varmint

I am a new member. Can you tell me if the At One stock and the Pro Varmint stock have identical recoil pads. I found a listing for prefit pads for the At One and I own a Pro Varmint

OKC, unless ordered with a upgraded pad the Boyd's come with a thin hard rubber pad. A Limbsaver pad is an extra $24 which is a great value. I've not seen a Boyd's that didn't benefit from a stress free bedding.

I ordered a Boyd stock. Didn't add anything over the savage. Sold it for a big loss but didn't regret it

Not sure, but get a limb saver upgrade. Imo they require pillars and bedding job then they perform very well

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.