Boyd - Varmints are waiting

G

Boyd,

Wanted to update you on what Dave7mm and myself have been up to. As of last Sat we have sent 93 woodchucks to see their maker
smile.gif

We need to get together soon
smile.gif

Don
smile.gif

What are you doing this Sat....?...One other thing....Can I bring my camera?Let me know...And I need direction's.....Call me...Collect if you want.....(570)748-4827..

[ 07-22-2002: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]

I just got off the phone with Boyd. He is bringing his 90 foot trailer full of ammo and guns. I guess it is better to have more then you need, then not enough.
grin.gif

Dave and myself were out tonight, spotting, for Boyd and we are happy to see he is comming over. We saw 10 woodchucks. In one of the fields the shots will be between 1100 and 1300 yards (we saw 4 in that filed, in 30 minutes of looking). We saw 2 chucks not more then 50 FEET from the road, I think they both have a death wish
smile.gif

We then located to another field whereby the oats had just been cut within the past few days. The shots will all be 300 or less yards but we saw 9 holes. In the 15 minutes or so we were there we saw 2 chucks out at 250 to 280 yards. I realize those are close shots, but at least it will be fun.

We checked the bean fields for about an hour and with the rains this week and the hot weather the beans have really taken off so we are doubtfull about having Boyd see any chucks there.

We did check one small (about 15 acre) bean field for about an hour and we did see 2 chucks out about the 430 yard mark.

Hopefully Boyd will have the opportunity to kill at least 6 chucks tomorrow.

I will let Boyd tell you his results.

Have a good one all,

Don
smile.gif

Boyd left about 1/2 hour ago - for his home. I hope he enjoyed our company 1/2 as much as we enjoyed his. Boyd is surely welcome back anytime.

Don
smile.gif

Hi Don and Dave.......Just got home and watched the video we shot today.And I'll tell you what.Two of the one's I missed were burnt by the bullet when it went by
shocked.gif
.....One click would have done it...
grin.gif
.....I'm am glad I finally got to meet both of you.I had a blast.Any time you guy's need a trigger man,I would be more than happy to help you guy's out....I will however make a few changes on set up next time.Five is'nt bad...BUT it should have been double that.....Well,maybe next time.You guy's are both class act's.And are great host's......I thank you......Later....Boyd..

Boyd,

I am glad you enjoyed yourself and you did get several hits and/or misses
grin.gif
on video. If the **** things would of stayed out longer you would of had more time to get the video camera set up and get on the bench to shoot. To bad the one that you cut in half wasn't on video, he sure was messy. Next time I will have ammo loaded up for my PURPLE gun (22 CHeetah MK 1) and you can run the video. Then Dave will have an easier job of spotting - since the blast won't blow him off the chair with every shot
grin.gif

If the weather cooperates and we don't have a lot of work going next weekend we would both enjoy comming over to Williamsport. I am interested to see how BAD I shoot at 1022 yards - with my 300 win mag.

Next time bring a BIG GUN
grin.gif

Dave is still laughing about the fact that your BIG GUN just barely fit in his Tahoe. Once Dave develops the pictures I will be sure to scan the one of me holding your BIG GUN - offhand - and E-mail you a copy. At 46lbs it was easy to hold
grin.gif
and get steady, lol.

Again, we enjoyed your company but it was to bad we only saw about 15 woodchucks. Dave and myself will be in that cut oat field Monday evening. There has to be another 10 or so to be killed out of that field. We are going to reload 50 rounds for my CHeetah today, so we will be all set.

If you see anymore doves - I mean Bobwhite Quail
grin.gif
- save them so the 2 we saw have some company. If you guys need anymore turkeys, let me know, we have way to many.
Next time bring along somebody else so they can enjoy our exploded woodchuck population. Most people don't beleive how many "chucks" we have up here - they are everywhere.

Have a good one,

Don
smile.gif

Jeez...

You guys are driving me nutz!

I used to shoot chucks up on the Taconic Parkway , between Westchester and Albany many years ago, but that area is now all closed, or posted because of the NYC shooters have wore it out.

I live in Connecticut now, and there is nothing... lots of woodies, but no farms left, or they are locked up by clubs.

You guys are making me crazy
wink.gif

CatShooter

[ 07-28-2002: Message edited by: CatShooter ]

CatShooter,

I will be the first to admit we are "spoiled" when it comes to woodchuck hunting - locally. We have litterally tons of them running around. If you weren't so far away, you could drive over and kill - a few dozen. Although we are in PA we are at the furthest northwestern part of the state. So it would be a long haul for you.

I hope you locate some farms where you can enjoy this great sport of hunting more often.

Have a good one,

Don
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.