Boxers?

Skimbleshanks

The few pair of North Face boxer briefs that I wear for outdoor activities are showing their age. They are also discontinued so I cant just replace them. Have put miles and thousands and thousands of vertical feet on them. I mostly hike, run, hunt and climb rocks and mountains. I chafe in my upper thigh crease with many brands and styles of underwear I have tried. I use body glide when I know I'm going to be active but the wrong pair still causes chafing. Sad feet will ruin a day and a sad crotch is probably worse.

So if anybody has had good luck with some good active base layers, please let me know.

Last edited:
Meriwool merino boxers are pretty nice. Not itchy, regulate temperature pretty good, and I would say on par with first light merino but cheaper.

I've been having good luck with the quality and comfort of Duckworth merino wool. Made in Montana, USA

F*** Chinese merino...
F5DEAD57-1AE4-47D0-9E33-BB613B455847.jpeg

First Lite Merino Red Desert Boxers have been my go-to for last 10-12 years. Not cheap, but long lasting and very comfortable.

My 2 pair of First Lite merino boxers fell apart with less than 20 days of use. Very disappointed in them.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.