Boxers?

Skimbleshanks

The few pair of North Face boxer briefs that I wear for outdoor activities are showing their age. They are also discontinued so I cant just replace them. Have put miles and thousands and thousands of vertical feet on them. I mostly hike, run, hunt and climb rocks and mountains. I chafe in my upper thigh crease with many brands and styles of underwear I have tried. I use body glide when I know I'm going to be active but the wrong pair still causes chafing. Sad feet will ruin a day and a sad crotch is probably worse.

So if anybody has had good luck with some good active base layers, please let me know.

Last edited:

338weatherby

LRH Team Member
Black Ovis merinos have worked great for me. Camofire has them now and then for a good price. I've hunted, ran, worked, basically wear them for everything. Pretty durable as well.

usmcff

Meriwool merino boxers are pretty nice. Not itchy, regulate temperature pretty good, and I would say on par with first light merino but cheaper.

middleofnowhere

I’ve been having good luck with the quality and comfort of Duckworth merino wool. Made in Montana, USA

F*** Chinese merino...
F5DEAD57-1AE4-47D0-9E33-BB613B455847.jpeg

dfanonymous

ssssnake529

First Lite Merino Red Desert Boxers have been my go-to for last 10-12 years. Not cheap, but long lasting and very comfortable.

My 2 pair of First Lite merino boxers fell apart with less than 20 days of use. Very disappointed in them.