BowTech Destroyer

Pulls back very hard. The 63lbs felt more like the 74lbs. I pull with my guardian. I didn't think it was worth upgrading to the Destroyer. Not very good reports around here from the people who shot the two in our archery shop. They were the Destroyer 340. Out of all the new Bows they have in the shop(Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech) the Destroyer rated last. It was a big let down for me I planned on buying the one when it came in.

Brent

MY hunting buddy just got one, sold his new last year PSE, had a guardian before that. HE likes it alot and is working on tune and arrow choice. He will be shooting it today, I'LL have to test it out, we are same draw, we can always shot each others bow, which is great when you are on a trip. Plus I have snow removal at that pro shop, hope it snows alot:):)

MY hunting buddy just got one, sold his new last year PSE, had a guardian before that. HE likes it alot and is working on tune and arrow choice. He will be shooting it today, I'LL have to test it out, we are same draw, we can always shot each others bow, which is great when you are on a trip. Plus I have snow removal at that pro shop, hope it snows alot:):)

Sweet... Let me know what you think. Right now I have a Diamond Stud... Even though I am a stud, I see an upgrade in the future. I would love to get a moose/elk with a bow!

The draw curve is hard because it shoots fast, guardian is smoothest bow Ive had, but have you shot it and given it a chance?

sp6X6 is it the 340 or 350? I wonder if there is a difference. I sure would like to hear your opinion of what it felt like to you to draw it back. Maybe I am getting weak, doubtful.

Brent

sp6X6
No I probably didn't give it much of a chance. I am quite strong and 74lbs. from a sitting position with little effort my guardian is a easy draw for me. My bow also only shoots 285fps with my hunting arrows though. That is why I planned on upgrading.

Brent

I did not get to shot his bow yet. I drew it back and it did draw harder, but I HAVENT shot since bow season, my bad- I shot everyday for 1 1/2 yrs. He is State overall recurve champ so it feels like he is cheating already. His model is the 340, which is 7" brace , other is 6". Side note, my gaurdian feels like a different bow if set at 65% verses 85%, the " felt" valley is much different. I SHOOT IT @ 65% for P&Y BUT prefer the feel of the other, also in ID, which I hunt you have to have 65%

Thanks I couldn't tell you what my letoff is. I think I am going to try the destroyer again though. They brought a lefthanded bow in especially for me. I had a biased opinion when I shot it. I figured it would be like my guardian. The bow before my guardian was a Vtec and before that was my first a Pearson stryker. I don't have much experience and don't trade up to often.

Were you pulling 70lbs.?

Brent

Did you get a chance to shoot it yet sp6X6? Have you shot any of the other binary cam bows, like the new mathews monster? I did like the monster a little bit better. Mine was the 6" brace height. Seemed to draw a little smoother to me. If I was buying a speed bow right now I think the monster would edge them out.

Do you think the destroyer might have issues like the general did?

Brent

I shot it today, think it was 28 1/2" AT 68#'s, shot 297 w/360 ACC. I could feel some vibration, it was bare bow. I DONT think it is any faster than my Alligence, but I SHORTENED THAT BOW FOR MY SON, so I coud not do a side by side. The bow has some interesting features that I LIKED, such as axle over the limb, limb looked reinfoced well, also has cam on axle to adjust axle lean. My buddy likes to shot at 90 yrd a home so I want to see how that goes, the bow tuned easy for center shot, etc. He had a ripcord rest, paper tuned bullet holes w/340 spline acc or FMJ.

Blipet, If you have a Gaurdin, I dont know if it is worth a upgrade. I am just getting into shooting my bow from end of season. M y guardian was one of the first, clips, no roller guide. The Destroyer is a very sweet looking set up. I plow the pro shop so I COULD DO A TRADE, but my best buddy just got one and he goes threw bows like I do underwear. My bow has my alligence, so I COULD use a backup:)

thanks sp6X6, I actually ordered the new Z7 from mathews. I wanted a smaller ground blind bow. With a 30" axle to axle and a 332fps it should suit me well. I shot one at the pro shop with my arrow setup and it ran in the low 300's. I will probably keep my guardian because I am sure it is worth about a nickel being a 2006 left handed bow.

Brent

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.