bowfishing uh oh

redneck watchdog

i have been bowfishing with one of my friends. i decided i needed to get into it. i had an old bow i used for deer hunting so i crancked it down and got a cajun piranah setup. a guy came in town looking to go to school here and i was supposed to intertain him. i took him bow fishing. the about third shot the string broke and went into about 6.5 foot of water at a pretty shallow angle so i had no idea where the arrow went. it was the only arrow i had, and i didnt ride 30 minutes to get there only to shoot three times and go home. so i stripped down and jumped in. me being only 6'2'' i could not reach the bottom so i swam around for about 25-30 min and found the frickin arrow it was amazing. thinking it was a bad spot on the line i ties it back up and we continued on. four or five more shots and it broke again. i was cold by this time and had nothing else to dry off with, so we took out some rods and went fishing. i came back two days later and within about 5 minutes found it again. since then i have gotten some stronger line and have not tried it yet

Well one thing is for certain, you live farther south than I do....lol. If you'd jumped in around here, you'd have been hypothermic in less than 5 minutes.

Definitely get some stronger line. I could be wrong, but I think most bowfishermen use Dacron these days.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.