Bow hunting?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Vortex!, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Vortex!

Vortex! Well-Known Member

Just curious how many of y'all hunt with bows or crossbows? I hunt with a crossbow and so far I've gotten three deer with it. IMG_20181020_092703005.jpg

2. Deputy819

Deputy819 Well-Known Member

My compound bow is beginning it's 2nd year hiatus of dust collection. I've been out with my crossbow (half-heartedly) 4 times this year so far and have passed up does and their fawns. Haven't seen anything worth letting the air out of yet. What I'm really anxious for is our rifle season so I can execute some longer "pokes" with my new custom .243. :rolleyes:

3. Rick Richard

Rick Richard Well-Known Member

Not yet, but thinking about it.

4. dmj

dmj Well-Known Member

Hunted with a bows since I was 16. So that makes it 53 years. Started with a long bow, then went to a recurve, now I use a compound. Haven't hunted an elk in Oregon with anything but a bow since 1979. One of my favorite things to do. Really do believe it's made me a better hunters. Not that I am all that great of a hunter but do believe it's helped. Once you start it's kinda like long range shooting and hunting. Always something you wish to purchase or try. I have the most patient and for giving wife, because I do both .

5. Ckgworks

Ckgworks Well-Known Member

I have bow hunted since I started hunting.....in the last couple years I have been rifle hunting deer in order to hunt the rut, but I just can't seem to give archery up.....the rifles kill mostly paper and steel with some clay pigeons and rocks mixed in, but someday I'll head to mule deer country.

6. Zen Archery

Zen Archery Well-Known Member

Game animals use bow.
    Hogs/varmints break out the guns.
    If I’m hunting an MLD property I’ll use a gun.

7. Barrelnut

Barrelnut Well-Known Member

Yep. If you haven't hunted bull elk, in the rut with a bow, you haven't lived. So get to it if you haven't yet.

8. Vortex!

Vortex! Well-Known Member

First one for this season! :D IMG_20181022_191407147.jpg broke the top of one of the shoulders and nicked the spine so I finished it with a knife that's why the head is I bit colorful because when I cut the neck it bled a bit

9. Gwine

Gwine Well-Known Member

Bow hunted last two years, connected both years. Waiting for late season with the bow again this year. Hope to rifle hunt next year, I miss it