Bourbon

Four roses is a cheap but decent bourbon. When I'm not sipping Buffalo Trace on the rocks, I'm drinking 4 Roses. Half gallon is about 32 bucks and it doesn't give me that cheap bourbon headache.

I pretty much stayed away from bourbon after a few bad experiences during my misspent youth, but got hooked during a trip to the 1999 Kentucky Derby. Pretty much the only way to stay hydrated on that trip. I've been hooked on Woodford Reserve ever since.

I'm a huge Wild Turkey fan. 101 is an alltime classic. If you want to go a little nicer then Longbranch, Rare Breed or Master's Keep are all great. Other than those some of my favorites are Blanton's and Weller Special Reserve.

EC2CD738-C50A-4A04-A45A-CB24BDA2DA08.png

My son in law is a bourbon connoisseur, his taste in the bourbons is much better than mine. His favorite are Buffalo Trace as a everyday go to , Blanton as his main sit down at the end of a long day bourbon. Pappys Van Winkle if he can get a bottle ! Me I drink bourbon neat so I love Basel Haden . I also can recommend Eagle Rare, Calumet ,Woodford reserve , Elijah Craig and Bookers. Watch Bookers though , it can catch up to you quickly. I have been known to enjoy a couple only to wake up the next morning only to realize I bought another rifle on Gun Broker! Drink responsibly !

Makers Mark it has just enough rye in it to give it a little after bite . A good Kentucky Bourbon won't have too much sugar used for the fermenting process thus it won't leave you with a bad head the next day lol .

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.