• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Bought One - WTB: 300 Win Mag

TORCHRIDER

I am looking for a heavy barrel 300 Win Mag for LR (500 - 1000) shooting. I already have a lightweight hunting rifle. Looking for something that wont break the bank. Budget is about $1100 shipped. Custom not necessary, but must be capable of making sub MOA shots with the right ammo. Must have a threaded barrel for my suppressor or MB. Please let me know what you have and how much you are looking to get. Thank You.

Re: WTB: 300 Win Mag

Your best bet might be to just buy a Remington 700 long range and get the barrel threaded.

First they are available for what I consider to be a great deal at around $650. Second It's the only factory rifle I know of with a heavy barrel in your budget. And it would leave money for scope base, rings and barrel threading and still be under your budget. The Sendero and 5R are both over 1100 and don't come with a threaded barrel. And the only difference I know of is they have HS Precision stocks and are stainless.

First they are available for what I consider to be a great deal at around $650. Second It's the only factory rifle I know of with a heavy barrel in your budget. And it would leave money for scope base, rings and barrel threading and still be under your budget. The Sendero and 5R are both over 1100 and don't come with a threaded barrel. And the only difference I know of is they have HS Precision stocks and are stainless.

Thank You. I have an opportunity to buy a new Stainless 5R threaded locally for $1100 out the door. Is this a reasonable price for this rifle? It sounds like it might not offer much over the LR model?

The LR models may have some "issues". I bought one and after working with Broz it just wouldn't shoot better than about 1 1/2 MOA. Different loads and seating depths. Bigngreen carefully examined the barred and determined it would make a great tomato stake........ This is at least the 3 rd one I have read about with problems. They are inexpensive to buy for a reason. I have over $2K into getting mine to shoot. Proceed with caution!
These are just my results. Your luck may be better. Bruce

The LR models may have some "issues". I bought one and after working with Broz it just wouldn't shoot better than about 1 1/2 MOA. Different loads and seating depths. Bigngreen carefully examined the barred and determined it would make a great tomato stake........ This is at least the 3 rd one I have read about with problems. They are inexpensive to buy for a reason. I have over $2K into getting mine to shoot. Proceed with caution!
These are just my results. Your luck may be better. Bruce

Thanks for the heads up Bruce. I've had a couple of folks contact me, but still haven't decided yet.

If anyone has a 300 for sale please let me know.

5R do come threaded, have one with 24" barrel

I've owned two 5rs one in .308 and one in 300win mag and neither was threaded evidently they made several variations of this model.

remington 700 milspec 300 RUM SS 5R rifling shoots 3/4 with factory ammo 50 rounds $1075 shipping 30
james 281-384-3447 or text
home 281-385-6622

[email protected]

I've got a custom Winchester Model 70 that was just finished up. I'm a bit over extended, so I'd consider parting with it. Here are the specs:

- Winchester Model 70 action has been trued and duracoated matte black. Factory trigger has been tuned and is crisp and clean.

- New HS Precision stock from the old Laredo series. This was left over stock when the Winchester plant sold a few years bag. It is grey with black web paint.

- New McGowen Barrel installed by them. SS, 1:10" twist, something of a light varmint contour (they call it Remington Magnum), 24" long, 5/8x24 threads at the muzzle, 300 Win Mag chamber.

- Stainless bottom metal. Used, but good shape.

I built this to be a sort of heavy hunting rifle. It is somewhere around 8.5-9lbs with no scope. I'd ask $1100 shipped to an FFL that accepts from individuals.

Email if interested and I can get you photos: [email protected]

Thanks and God bless you!

Adam

Thanks Guys. I am going tomorrow to look at a NIB Remington 5R from a local guy for $1100. It's the 24" stainless threaded version. For that price it includes a Leupold Mk4 one piece long range 20MOA scope base and a KRG bolt lift knob. No tax and no paperwork in Texas. Sounds like it may be a good deal. Thoughts?