bought a nightforce but got a bushnell

7magmike

I know a guy who just got back from Afganistan. While he was over there his wife bought him a nightforce scope from cabelas. He got home yesterday and opene the box to find a bushnell 3-9x40. His wife lost the receipt so I guess he is stuck with a $1800. bushnell.

Man that sucks. I hope they go in and talk with Cabels's. I will be very shocked if Cabela's does not take care of it. It could be very well a dishonest employee and Cabela's need to be aware in case there are more issues. Or it could have been an honest mistake, but any employee that puts a 3x9 Bushnell in a Nightforce box need to be transfered to another department.

Jeff

Remind them that if they used a credit card, they have a copy on file of probably both the reciept and the purchase record with the CC company. probably. For that matter Cabelas probably does as well.

Larry
Tinkerer

That really puts you off buying anything .
If they don't come to the party and replace it then I would be going down to the shop with about 20 of my Army buddies and jamming the counters up until they handed a nightforce over or the cops turn up and then I would do it again and agian .

I agree with the prior post. Most people pay by credit card. In my experience, Cabelas is a first class operation. I would speak to them. I would also think that the Bushnell scope may hace a serial number that was recorded in Cabelas inventory which could be tracked, and possibly determined missing, or unaccounted. The systems are pretty sophisticated.

I'd be interested to see how this turns out. Even when you prove you purchased the Nightforce, anybody could make the same purchase, stick a lesser valued scope in the box and try to return it for a refund or exchange. When they inventory, there should be an extra empty Bushnell box sitting around to confirm what happened.

Cabelas is a first class orgonization but the it's a revolving door of sales people behind the gun counter with a lot of hands touching the merchandise. Still, if that's what happened, it's up to them to figure it out and make it right.

I agree with the prior post. Most people pay by credit card. In my experience, Cabelas is a first class operation. I would speak to them. I would also think that the Bushnell scope may hace a serial number that was recorded in Cabelas inventory which could be tracked, and possibly determined missing, or unaccounted. The systems are pretty sophisticated.

I agree I reckon if he contacts them , David Abela will fix it up.
However funny things can happen and sometimes you just have to fight back.
In my day in the Army we would not cop anyone beating up or robbing a soldier if they did and we could track them down we did , even if it meant getting into trouble with the law we made them regret that they did it . One for all and all for one .

I went over to his house today and checked out this expensive bushnell scope, it took us a while to figure out which scope it was but we eventualy discovered it is a bushnell banner 3-9x40 with a illuminated bdc reticle. He is waiting to hear back from cabelas, I sure hope they take care of him cause he is a realy good dude and deserves a break.

It is not exactly " Thankyou for your service " is it ?
Keep us advised of what is going on because if they don't replace it we can all chime in with some pressure .
A Bushnell banner ! for a Nightforce , **** I would be angry .
That scope is only worth about $100 .
How could anyone make that mistake ?
I was considering buying a Vortex PST by mail from Cabelas new shop over here but now this has put me right off a mail delivery .

Looks like he is stuck with the bushnell, Cabelas said there is nothing they can do to help him.

When you buy something over the gun counter, they take it out of the box so you can see it. Even if the purchaser (his wife) didn't see anything wrong, the salesperson would have caught it. I think if it were me, I'd file a police report. Someone pulled a switcharoo to the tune of $1700 and I believe that makes it a felony. I wouldn't be to quick to blame the store.

Thats what Im thinking too, I think how ever was working that day switched the scopes then bought the bushnell with a nightforce in the box.

I recently bought a Bushnell and a Nightforce was in the box. Mannn I love Cabela's!

Actually not, but it sounds good...

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.