bought a nightforce but got a bushnell

I've been buying stuff (lots of stuff) from Cabelas since the early 80's...they have always made it right, even at their expense...things have mostly went as planned though, only a couple of mishaps...

The thing with the OP's issue is that its impossible to say just what happened to the NF...

And who loses the receipt for something that costs $1,800...I know I sure don't.

Exactly and exactly. If charged, always a paper trail. If cash, a receipt somewhere.

No one spends 1800 bucks on anything, even if a gift, and not retain a receipt. If they operate like that, then 1800 bucks is chump change and the person should forgetaboutit and go buy another.... Or maybe a Schmidt and Bender.....:D

Personally, I think it's a scam. not say'in it can't happen, it's just very highly unlikely.

I might also point out the obvious. A $1800 Nightforce is a fairly specialized piece of equipment. Unless she's into shooting sports, how does she even know that's a thing you buy a guy who likes guns. At that price, there's a better than good chance it gets returned so our Vet can get exactly what he wants. Ever hear of a gift card? Unless her husband told her exactly what to buy (which defeats the point of a gift), somebody was there helping her every step of the way. That opens another can of worms.

Forget for a minute that our guy's a Vet. Is there anyone who thinks this makes sense? At this point (no free Nightforce scope from Cabella's), why wouldn't you report it to the police? Could the answer be that 5 minutes with the principal parties and they'd sniff out the B.S. before they left the room? Once the police have it, you don't put that genie back into the bottle.

I think our Vet's got more than a scope problem.

Last edited:
Looks like he is finaly gonna get his scope, his wifes mother found the receipt at her house.

So as long as you have a receipt, you can buy a Nightforce and return a Bushnell for refund or exchange? Did you mention which Cabela's that is?

Cabelas said that none of there employess would cheat a customer like that because they all have to have background checks. What do you think about that.

The Sales person may of had a buddy come in and buy it in and they could of done the switch aroo.lightbulb

There is always a paper trail. And if you don't have the paper trail a company like Cabela's does. I am sure they don't sell many of those each day and at each store.

As mentioned - due diligence and persistence.

I hope this all works out. I have always had a good experience at Cabela's.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.