bottom metal...

jmden

Hello all,

I'm looking for bottom metal/magazine combo for a possible 338 Lap Imp build probably using a Stiller Predator X action and Manners stock. I would like a 3 round magazine, but no much if any more than that as I don't want a set up hangs down from the stock much at all. I do spend some time back in dense stuff (got my elk back in it this year) and don't want another thing for branches to whack and make noise and get hung up.

I've heard (and read less) of the Seekins and HS setups. What else is out there and what are the pros on cons, again, keeping in mind that I don't want to have an 'assault rifle' clip?!

Thanks for your help!

Jon

PS: Admin--If I put this in the wrong spot, please move it to where it should be. Thank you.

Emailed Glen Seekins and he says he'd cut a box and weld it back together for me no problem such that it'd hold 3 down instead of 5. He said that he doesn't particularly like having the mag stick down that far either and is planning on cutting down some boxes on the next order it sounds like anyway. He likes the idea of having a shorter box with 2 or 3 down and then a 5 round box ready to go in his pack. Sounds like a plan to me.

Not sure on the cost for this mod. Will post when I find out.

There are a great number of highly qualified folks on this site reccomending Glen's set up, so if I can get that with a shortened box, it sure would seem to be the way to go.

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.