Bottom Metal

live2huntmt

I am in the process of ordering components for my new rifle build. I already ordered a Defiance AnTi long action cut for a Wyatts extended Mag Box and a Proof pre-fit 28 Nosler Carbon Barrel. I am in the process of configuring my Manners EH1 to order, but am trying to decide on which bottom metal to go with (hinged preferably). Any advice/recommendations is much appreciated!

Last edited:
I am in the process of ordering components for my new rifle build. I already ordered a Defiance AnTi long action cut for a Wyatts extended Mag Box and a Proof pre-fit 28 Nosler Carbon Barrel. I am in the process of configuring my Manners EH1 to order, but am trying to decide on which bottom metal to go with. Any advice/recommendations is much appreciated!
Whether you go DBM or BDL hinged floor plate, I highly recommend Hawkins Precision bottom metal. Pass along you choice to Manners, and they should CAD their stock for a perfect fit to the Hawkins.

Thanks for the kind words guy!

With that setup you can go with either our Oberndorf or the M5 Oberndorf. Both have options for the extended Wyatt boxes. Our Oberndorf bottom metal is about 2oz lighter, but it's not as modular as our M5 Oberndorf, which is cut for M5 inlets. The M5 Oberndorf has a little thicker floorplate to help relieve follow spring pressure for larger cases like 300RUM for better feeding.

Let me know if you have any questions.

With that setup you can go with either our Oberndorf or the M5 Oberndorf. Both have options for the extended Wyatt boxes. Our Oberndorf bottom metal is about 2oz lighter, but it's not as modular as our M5 Oberndorf, which is cut for M5 inlets. The M5 Oberndorf has a little thicker floorplate to help relieve follow spring pressure for larger cases like 300RUM for better feeding.

Absolutely. Nick D of Hawkins was a great help for me in making my decision to go with your M5 Oberndorf.

I have a question. Why don't you make a BDL style bottom metal that is curved upward behind the trigger loop so it can be blended to the contour of the stock?
Edd, I would like to see a picture of that kind of bottom metal. As far as I have ever seen in rifles, I have only seen a minimal extension behind the trigger inletted and blended straight into the stock (No curving). Thank you, RR

Any plans to make M5 Oberndorf in XM length? I need one.

I have a question. Why don't you make a BDL style bottom metal that is curved upward behind the trigger loop so it can be blended to the contour of the stock?

Edd - Generally it's easier to make bottom metals for a standard inlet given the different shapes of all the choices in stocks. I hope that helps.

Any plans to make M5 Oberndorf in XM length? I need one.

At this time there's no immediate plans on making a XM M5 Oberndorf. We have seen there's a spot for it in the market though and it's on our radar.

Edd, I would like to see a picture of that kind of bottom metal. As far as I have ever seen in rifles, I have only seen a minimal extension behind the trigger inletted and blended straight into the stock (No curving). Thank you, RR

Attachments

• 665687.jpg
    665687.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 107
duplicate post and I can't figure out how to delete it

Last edited:
Right, that's what I'm referring to in your picture = minimal straight extension behind the trigger. I've never seen a curved one. Nick, your thoughts please:

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts