Bottom Metal Inlet Too Deep

Mock it all up with washers, checking for proper magazine operation. Then calculate the length of the pillars.
I would fit & cure the pillars first, recheck all fits, then bed the action & bottom metal last. But that's a personal preference.
Like shortgrass said function should come before appearance in this case.

Devcon is great if you want to bond two things together but it doesn't play as well with release agents. Stay away from the home made recipes for a release agent!
This is not true. I have bedded well over 100 rifles and bottom metals with devcon and never had an issue with it releasing. I simply use paste wax. There are many other alternatives that work just as well.

You also need to check to be sure the top of the bottom metal is not contacting the bottom of the receiver when torqued down. Upward pressure on the bottom of the action from the bottom metal is going to cause you issues.

That bottom metal may be just fine where it is, every stock is a little different. Check clearance, feed, and mag lock-up.

If you don't like the look pillar bedding will fix the issue. McMillan and Manners stocks are meant to be bedded.

Devcon will release with just about any release agent or wax there is. If you want a simple and sure fire release agent use Brownells spray Acru-Release. Bedding can be messy and that stuff will flow where you least expect it. The spray release is the best bet to be sure you got full coverage.

Bedding is a one shot deal if you are not sure or comfortable doing it pay someone who is knows what they are doing. This could save you lots of money and hard ache in the long run.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.