Bottom metal help

šŸ‘

Attachments

• 95D30CD9-2493-4620-A303-64A3FE755162.jpeg
    95D30CD9-2493-4620-A303-64A3FE755162.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 47
From my understanding the M5 Orberndorf mimics a BDL floor plate with internal mag and is designed to fit in the M5 inlet. Is this not the case?
The M5 in this case is about the stock! If BDL hinged floor metal won't work Hawkins hinged floor plate bottom metal won't either. The action has to be set-up with rails and ramp like a 700 is to work with an internal box mag. I'm thinkin' the Titan is dedicated detachable bottom metal in the M5 style, meaning AIC magazines.

The M5 in this case is about the stock! If BDL hinged floor metal won't work Hawkins hinged floor plate bottom metal won't either. The action has to be set-up with rails and ramp like a 700 is to work with an internal box mag. I'm thinkin' the Titan is dedicated detachable bottom metal in the M5 style, meaning AIC magazines.
So this means that my best choice will be the Hawkins hunter DBM correct?

If I'm not mistaken, the AW cut prevents an internal BDL box from working properly. Certainly the staggered feed style won't work but I'm not sure that a center feed Wyatt's box would not work. I doubt you'll find anyone with that setup though as that action is designed for detachable mags and competition use. Maybe someone with this action and a Wyatt's center feed box in another rifle could test it? The AW cut allows you to use double stack staggered feed AI-AW mags which some prefer because a 10 round AW Mag is much shorter than a standard 10 round AICS Mag. This gap is closing though with some of the double stack-single feed mags available today from MDT and Accurate Mag that are almost as short. This of course doesn't help much with getting flush with the rifle as they're still 10 round mags. For that the Hawkins mentioned by others or maybe the Curtis Customs version which is similar but almost always out of stock. MDT is about to release (maybe already released?) a 3 round polymer Mag designed to sit totally flush with their new Hunt 26 Chassis. Not sure if it would sit flush with m5 metal in a normal stock yet as I haven't seen anyone with one. Either way the Hawkins precision Hunter bottom metal is the way to go as it will sit flush with the stock by itself and allow for use with all aforementioned mags.

I received the Hawkins Hunter DBM and installed. I've found that the magazine fits tight and there's no chance of it falling out but when locked in place it has a lot of room to move and rattle. Is this normal?

The reason BDL in M5 or in any cut won't work is not that it won't fit the footprint or if your stock is cut for it it's simply that the action doesn't accept it due to not having feed lips cut into the feed rails it will only feed on a detachable magazine type setup....
blacktail808 - I'm aware of that since this post which is why I ordered the setup I did. My question now though is that the magazine has a lot of play and rattles around while handling the rifle. Is there any type of adjustment I can make to the spring to alleviate having a rattle? It seems kind of counterproductive for a hunting rifle to rattle for obvious reasons.