Bottom Metal / AI Mag To Something Better For Hunting?

I recently acquired a 7mm Rem Mag. I'm happy with everything on the gun EXCEPT the bottom metal. I prefer to run a flush style mag on my hunting guns. I typically run HS precision bottom metal. Based on what I have seen, because I already have the M5 inlet cut into the manners stock I dont have any options? Both HS Precision and ADL/BDL type bottom metals are too "small" in comparison to the inlet I have now. Before I order a new stock I just wanted to see if anyone had a recommendation?

Im not sure if these pics help any or not!
0531200758.jpg
0531200758a.jpg
0531200759_HDR.jpg

Hawkins Hunter DBM will be perfect for you. It's currently only in short action but they say long action is in development. It is made to fit in an M5 inlet. Might be worth looking into.

Hawkins Hunter DBM will be perfect for you. It's currently only in short action but they say long action is in development. It is made to fit in an M5 inlet. Might be worth looking into.

Looks like the bottom metal sits flatter but it doesn't change how far the mag sticks out?

I ordered one of these and the cutout wasn't even close to fitting? Im not sure why? I ended up sending it back.
I've never used one but that is interesting! Hawkins is usually awesome! You might also look at the terminus bottom metal with flush mags. They stick out maybe 1/8-1/4". Little expensive but might be your best bet

I've never used one but that is interesting! Hawkins is usually awesome! You might also look at the terminus bottom metal with flush mags. They stick out maybe 1/8-1/4". Little expensive but might be your best bet
I have not heard of this one? I'm looking online but not finding it?

If you can't find those maybe the Curtis version will suffice, but they're not in stock currently

If you can't find those maybe the Curtis version will suffice, but they're not in stock currently

I found these online. Looks to be a perfect solution if they had them. I even emailed them to inquire and heard nothing back

Yeah I know they're not known for CS And that's why I'd always go terminus first. Maybe send terminus an email or phone call. They're top notch

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.