Boss replacement for winchester

genecole

i just picked up a winchester coyote in 7 STW with the BOSS system on it. it has the CR (conventional recoil). i was wondering if anybody might know where, if even possible, i could get the piece with the muzzle brake built in to replace it. i was not sure if the browning and winchesters had the same threads on them. any help would be appreciated

Gene Cole III

My 30-06 featherweight with boss has 9/16-24 RH thread. I am in the same boat as you...I have the CR tube but would like to have the boss also.

It's still the BOSS.
Jut no holes, same recoil, and a helluva lot quieter.

Try Winchester or Browning. The parts are offered individually.

A few years ago I had a M-70 with the boss but it was an older rifle and didn't come with the CR. I didn't need the recoil reduction because it was a 270 and thing was LOUD. Called Winchester and they sent me one but I think it actually came from Browning.

I dont need the Boss they are very loud. But I always like to have the original equipment that was sold with a rifle. It is a lot easier to keep some extra parts around whe the rifle is newer than trying to find replacement parts down the road.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.