BORS on bolt rifles?

diderr

Will the BORS work fine on a bolt rifle? I've been contemplating getting one, and putting an end to the drop cards.

I know you said to close the thread but I gotta ask and I have to admit that I have only glanced at one in a magazine and not done a study on them. Do you not still have to do the calculations on the effect of wind? I mean the bullet drop should be the easy part of the equation(it should be the same unless you have a drastic change of environment) and the effects of wind is the part that is always changing. Wouldn't a person be better of with a Palm and Exbal. You use one unit for both instead of one for each. Not being rude, just asking.

It DOES NOT calculate wind. I was looking at the table for the compatible bullets and velocities, and it was nothing to offer for variety. I decided to save a butt load and buy an Exbal hand held instead.

So are you saying it already has drop charts for certain cartridge/bullet combos that are preprogrammed into it or can you download your drop chart into it? I don't think I would ever be getting one, just curious as to whether it's a gimmick or something that is actually usable. I just got the palm exbal also.

Barrett Optical Ranging System.

It's a ballistic calculator of sorts that attaches to the elevation knob of your scope and automatically adjusts the dope based on range input and a few other factors.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.