Boresight Question Research, I need your Help participate!!!!

Is boresight important?

• Yes

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
Samtello, Man I'm in for the Beta testing! To provide the info for the ballistics, eliminate cant, and get me on paper at 100yds. the easy way, I dig it!
Would there be some usable info, taking a can off and on, if it affected the poi?
DJD, I really think that beta testers are going to have it good and so am I. It works both ways, in the benefits as we develop and we upgrade there is no more cost than the initial $55 for the beta testers, so as we develop the challenge is taking it to the higher level. So I am thinking of making RecordFire the foundation for all other ballistic apps in the building blocks of ballistics. Remember the standard for the app now is to give the user, a boresight, record zero, and recall zero to verify sight setting. The future with a weather station, GPS and muzzle velocity recording when you zero it is going to be what is stated below.

Given a proven rifle and ammunition, conduct boresight and record zero and non-standard conditions to include muzzle velocity. In five minutes given a new muzzle velocity, extract the non-standard variables, reapply new variables and determine a new zero.

RecordFire. Coming soon to an App Store near you. U.S. Patent Number 9335125, U.S. Provisional Application Serial No. 62/542,713 filed August 8, 2017 and U.S. Provisional 10 Application Serial No. 62/414,649 filed October 28, 2016

Attachments

• Record Fire geom.PNG
    Record Fire geom.PNG
    25.8 KB · Views: 136
DJD, I think there would be a measure, the app with the hardware determines boresight in relationship to the chamber. Any deviation from the chamber is measurable such as a zero with or without a can? Dang, that was a great question!!!

RecordFire. Coming soon to an App Store near you. U.S. Patent Number 9335125, U.S. Provisional Application Serial No. 62/542,713 filed August 8, 2017 and U.S. Provisional 10 Application Serial No. 62/414,649 filed October 28, 2016

Your app idea sounds great. I would be willing to give it a try. Is this for Android and Iphone both?

If you take black thread and tape a cross at the muzzle and line the crosshairs. Also go out 100 yards if possible and make a big cross on your target to look at through the barrel or a soda straw on a lever action. You will be surprised how close you will be.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.