Bored in Afghanistan and lost in Bagram

Dave

Your board? There were some cats over behind the theather Bacon and I messed with back in 04 there kids should be there now good hunting. I'm glad you did not talk me into that job. Have you been getting out of the wire much?

Go to the gym and dry fire 8 hours a day you need the practice for deer when you get back here. I got a 264 win mag in the works we have to try out.

Oh and send me you address I will find you some new reading materials make you as smart as me:D and I promis no box of trash this time.

Astan ant Iraq is it dave:cool:

Jon

you MOTHER!!! tHAT WAS YOU! I THOUGHT IT WAS VERWEIRE. i AM LAUGHING MY *** OFF RIGHT NOW!!!

I stumbled upon your post and can say i am in the same boat, there is only so much reading and excercise one can do in a day. I wish i would have thought of bringing my fly tying materials though. It wasn't until i got here until i thought of it. I guess some of my stuff sent but it takes close to a month for mail to get here and we dont have long to go. One thing that kept me occupied for awhile was trapping things on the fob- gophers, mice, etc. I would see the different ways i could catch critters, copper wire doesn't work on mice like i thought it would and afghani mice aren't too fond of peanut butter like the ones back home. think the next target will be cats. I have spent quite a bit of time on this site and others learning how to use a mil dot system and learning more about long distance shooting. I wish you a safe deployment, keep your head down up there in BAF.

Yeah thats what i've been doing, When i have down time i am on the the internet and this site doing the research to build a rifle when i get home, i am getting out in a year so i am trying to do so without breaking the bank in the event that i am temporarily unemployed.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts