Bore scopes

Iron Worker

I have a Bergara Premier 6.5 PRC Its a 1/2MOA capable rifle if I do my part . I usually use wipe out or Sweets 7.62 for copper removal Butches bore shine for carbon, Cleaned bbl up using Butches and Sweets,looked down the bore a few times thought it looked sweet. Then I ran a bore scope that I wi fi into my I phone .BBL was loaded with copper and carbon . Now it's gonna soak overnight in wipe out and its accelerator. Who out there use a Bore scope and have you changed your BBL cleaning methods ?

I have a Hawkeye bore scope. Yes having one has changed some things. .Switched to Bore Tech Eliminator for longer soaks. I understand that the ammonia in Sweets may cause etching, recommend that you switch. Some barrels require a few patches of Iosso to get some stubborn fouling out. Some rifles require a few patches of Remington 40X or JB bore paste after a few soaking patches of Eliminator in the beginning, they seem to work better than a bore brush. Not wasting time and products on some of the barrels, can tell they became clean with scope. Always hated wondering before owning a bore scope.

The scope is good at inspecting crowns too. Have had to recrown several barrels over the years.

If you are shooting 1/2 MOA then why bother? I bought one of the cheap ones of Amazon and it works well but I'm not cleaning any different unless accuracy declines.

I also use a Hawkeye and it has changed my cleaning regimen too. I don't think they are a necessity but are nice to have access to when troubleshooting.

Have a Teslong borescope off amazon. I spend a little more time cleaning now, but it shows how bad a barrel can be before accuracy drops off and how much easier a custom barrel cleans.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.