Bore cleaning

Forgot to add...

There always seems to be some copper looking residue visible at the muzzle, but I've not found it to be an issue. Looking through the borescope it appears as more of a stain. It seems the crude at the throat area is where the problems start. Some barrels like Savage factory ones always look like they have chatter the full length and you can never get them very clean looking, but it doesn't seem to matter in how they shoot amazingly. I've read that you can get a barrel too clean, but that would take a lot of work and could be hard on the barrel.

I like bore tech eliminator a lot, and recently have been using kg 2 and 12 which also work very well. I always clean up with some kroil and leave a light film of it in the bore. Kroil is a very useful product when working with firearms. I use it for everything but my breakfast cereal.:D.......Rich

I often run a patch with sperm oil thru the bore, especially over the winter. I've got enough of that stuff to last me till I die.

I like bore tech eliminator a lot, and recently have been using kg 2 and 12 which also work very well. I always clean up with some kroil and leave a light film of it in the bore. Kroil is a very useful product when working with firearms. I use it for everything but my breakfast cereal.:D.......Rich

Do you by any chance know the difference between, Bore Tech Eliminator & Bore Tech C4?

Tipton nylon bore brushes, homeade bore guides (I use a length of appropriate diameter rubber hose (way cheaper than commercial guides), Dewey rods and good old Hoppes Number 9 and if it's showing copper after a couple swabs with a patch, the Bore Tech eliminator.

I don't own one brass brush or metal jag. Everything is nylon or plastic.

Hoppes is great stuff and it smells good too. I hear hillbillies use it for aftershave.....gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts