borden actions

I have a 6.5x47 Lapua built on a Borden Alpine action and I love it, very smooth and accurate.

Did you mean Pacnor?

-X3M

Borden actions are top notch. Use the Borden. Barrels I would go with a Lilja, Kreiger, or a Brux over a Pacnor.

Dan

Kirby Allen one of the top smith here on LRH likes to use the Borden Timberline Magnum receiver on his Edge builds.

I think I sent Kirby the first Timberline action he built on. He told me that all actions even customs need a bit of squaring but the Timberline was perfect. My Edge is built on a Timberline action; and Jim Borden is a super person to deal with. It's pretty cool when you call and a shooting "Hall of Famer" - World record holder answers the phone.

thanks im going with the borden timberline action and a kreiger barrel. The question now is how big a barrel bull barrel .82 at muzzle or smaller, fluting or no fluting trying to keep weight down but want and accurate long distance shooter

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.