• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Borden 7mm Rem Mag

bxroads

***SPF***

I've for sale a Borden 7mm Rem Mag that was delivered in late 2010. There are a couple of reasons for selling. I'm pulling the trigger on a four wheeler today and need the funds and the rifle is heavy for my taste. I've a light weight preference no matter how hard I try to like a regular sporter weight rifle. I'm having Jim build another very similar but with an Edge stock and #3 barrel.

Specs are as follows:

Regular fill McMillan classic 13 ½ LOP
Borden Timberline action
Jewell Trigger
Hart #4 9 twist 24"
PT&G Stainless bottom metal
Talley light weight 30 MM rings
Scope not included in price but I will sell it if interested (Zeiss Victory 2.5-10 x 42 with factory fitted target elevation knob). Harris bipod not included.
Weight as pictured with scope but without bipod is 9 lbs 2 ozs
Approximately 120 rounds on barrel

The rifle was chambered for the 160 Accubond which have never been fired in the rifle because they've been on backorder since I received the rifle and they still are not available that I know of. The only bullets fired has been 168 and 180 Berger hunting VLD. The rifle showed a definite preference for the 180 and shoots them very well with Retumbo and with impressive velocity. It REALLY liked H4831 but the velocity was not there.

The 160 accubond (bullet chambered for) has a very long bearing surface thus the chamber has a very long throat. The 180 Berger is about .100" off to get what I consider ideal neck seating depth but I seated them to the lands and saw no improvement so I left them at .100" off.

Below is my cost in the rifle. I've attached a copy of the invoice from Borden and added in the cost of parts that I supplied that are not included in the invoice. It should be noted that when Jim charges for installing rings he is verifying that the rings are aligned with the bore, i.e. if the scope is centered you will be darn near zero on the target without any adjustments, which was the case.

2831 Borden invoice
(46) Less shipping on invoice
200 PT&G stainless BDL bottom metal
315 Hart barrel
48 Talley light rings
3348 total cost

I am asking $2900 plus shipping. You save 10% but more importantly a year turn around if you were building one.

The first target is load development with the 180 berger of a Sinclair rest and rear sand bag. The far right target is 70.0 of Retumbo. It really woke up at 70.5 and I ended up at 71.0. This is with Norma brass. There are absolutely no pressure signs. The second target is with Harris bipod and rear sand bag.

5401344206_b933f92f8c_b.jpg

5401343542_2e4a3af355_b.jpg

5400744189_b55ccb3d8b_b.jpg

Last edited:
The first target is load development with the 180 berger of a Sinclair rest and rear sand bag. The far right target is 70.0 of Retumbo. It really woke up at 70.5 and I ended up at 71.0. This is with Norma brass. There are absolutely no pressure signs. The second target is with Harris bipod and rear sand bag.

5401342096_c144fe2f25_b.jpg

5401342272_e3e5dedb0f_b.jpg

Last edited: