boots

midwesthunter

I have narrowed my choices down to these three. Will be used on a trip out west once a year. Some around flat IN. Danner pronghorn, or Elk ridge. Or Irish Setter elk tracker. Has anyone used any of these?

I have a pair of Danner Pronghorns and have worn them now for about three years. It's a very comfortable mid-weight waterproof boot. They've held up well but I do condition the leather parts after every season.

I hunt the mountains in Oregon which can be very steep and tricky and although they perform very well in dry conditions they can be a bit slippery in our famous wet months. I'm not sure if any boot can perform much better through all of the wet leaves and fallen branches but its got me thinking of trying a heavier soled boot next go around. I will definitely continue using these as my bow hunting boots since its in milder weather.

If your hunting includes lots of walking on dry to moderately wet ground they should perform very well for you.

TAC

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.