Boot recommendations for someone with tendonitis ( Achilles)

dave_halsey

Looking for a boot or even a brace recommendation to help with the tendonitis in my ankles... At only 34, this has become reality from the hard miles of the younger years. Anyone else having this issue and what has helped? I've been wearing kenetrek boots for the last 5 years and love them, but after a few miles my Achilles tendons are feeling pretty rough. What boots or compression braces are you guys using?

Thank you for your time in reading and responses in advance.

Looking for a boot or even a brace recommendation to help with the tendonitis in my ankles... At only 34, this has become reality from the hard miles of the younger years. Anyone else having this issue and what has helped? I've been wearing kenetrek boots for the last 5 years and love them, but after a few miles my Achilles tendons are feeling pretty rough. What boots or compression braces are you guys using?

I would possibly save myself from further harm and see a podiatrist. I think it would be cheaper in the long run and you would certainly get the device you need. Just my opinion based on my current health condition and experience.

I would possibly save myself from further harm and see a podiatrist. I think it would be cheaper in the long run and you would certainly get the device you need. Just my opinion based on my current health condition and experience.
Solid advice! If a tear one of my achilles thats game over for my guiding career.

I've been there. Quiet a few years back I suffered with Achilles issues. Intense pain and tenderness at the heel connection point. Steroid injections would calm it for a month or so, but then it would return. After dealing with this for a few years I broke down and went to the mechanic. A mri showed that the connection point had partially given up. It was mostly still connected but a few strands had torn out of the bone and actually pulled some bone fragments out with them. A few days later they opened it up, detached the entire Achilles, cleaned it up and reattached with screws. This was 4 months prior to a September elk hunt. I told the doc I WAS goin. He told me that he guaranteed his work and I would not tear it where he fixed it…….but it would be VERY uncomfortable.
He was right. But I survived it. The following September everything was back to normal.

Go get it checked. If it needs attention, don't put it off.

Unfortunately no one can tell you what would work best without seeing your feet.
If you see a foot doctor, family doctor, orthopedist or physical therapist bring along your hunting boots and regular shoes.
The majority of the time I can tell you both why you hurt and how to fix it if I see both your feet and your footwear at the same visit.

I know exactly what you are going through dave_halsey. I have been suffering from insertion Achilles Tendonitis for several years now. It puts a damper on my hunting and I can't stand that. It doesn't help that I'm a Highschool Basketball Referee and on my feet every night through the season. I went and had special orthotics made for me. That has helped a lot but even the therapists have told me STRETCH STRETCH STRETCH! If I do, I notice a difference as well.

Check out with a good nutritionist, many people are vert low in certain minerals and they really do help. And make sure you drink a ton of water a day, at least one quart, tendons need lube

Build one of these— got the plans from a sports medicine doctor and it really stretches the Achilles and other tendons—

Attachments

• 249D3D33-E40E-4378-A4DE-06C2AA3EF884.jpeg
    249D3D33-E40E-4378-A4DE-06C2AA3EF884.jpeg
    1,008.3 KB · Views: 26
I have suffered with Plantar Fasciitis in the past. I was a competitive racquetball player and started having problems. Shots didn't help, so I had a surgery to release the fascia and got instant relief which has lasted for 8 years. Fast forward to several months ago. I started having considerable pain on the bottom/outside area of the other foot. I have a friend who's an OS. We were having a convo and I mentioned the pain to him. He said based on where it was hurting, it could be either the Plantar Fascia or Achilles. Either way, the protocol was a shot, PT, and orthotics...and stop walking around bare-footed. I went to a podiatrist who injected me and recommended inserts as well. She said that the insoles were what would keep me going. They weren't customs, but did cost about $75 each. I bought seven pairs and have them in all of my shoes. I also bought a pair of slides with good support to wear around the house in the evenings. I've been following this protocol since January and have all but eliminated the pain. I was to the point of going in for surgery, but for now I seemed to dodged that bullet.

Sorry but no boots are going to help you until you get it taken care of. I went through nearly a year of PT, massages, and dry needling. I got short-term relief. Did a few sessions with Ortho/sports med and was prescribed nitroglycerin patch for a few months with better result than PT. I am now under podiatrist care and have been doing an eccentric loading/heel lowering program for Achilles tendonitis for a couple of months now.

20220503_085500.jpg

My follow-up appointment is in a couple of weeks and decides if I need surgery.

Recent Posts