Boone and Crockett's latest video on ethics ...

What I think is down right crazy is that Boone&Crockett deem it necessary that they need to tell people that it is up to the individual, the skill and equipment used to make the decision on a longrange shot. I find it down right hilarious that they don't think that everyone already knows this and they must "enlighten" us children. Now I agree that some people out there have no business taking longrange shots and do it anyway but I am sure they know it to and don't care. Whether B&C tells them or not, they are going to do it anyway.

Thanks B&C for letting me know. :rolleyes:

I agree. When I was 16, I was shooting a Savage 30-06 with a Tasco scope. In hindsight, I'm pretty sure the scope was broken and that rifle did not have any business taking a 100 yard shot.

Who is B&C to tell people long range shots are unethical. Typically when shooting long range, we're packing enough rifle to kill that animal DRT.

I'm also a bowhunter but it would be interesting to see accurate numbers on how many animals are lost from bad archery shots as opposed to long range shots.

This is a portion of something I wrote elsewhere. It summarizes exactly what I think of B&C for dividing hunters, particularly in today's sociopolitical climate of ban anything not PC.

B&C trumpets the ethics of Teddy Roosevelt not shooting a chained bear because it wasn't 'sporting'. Yet they hypocritically demonize those who have the skill and tools to do so from a great distance; 100% preparation by the hunter; skills, equipment, and focused attention are necessary to accomplish the task. Their Goldilocks template for hunting and taking game only illuminates their hypocrisy and brings into focus their self-centered view of themselves.

Pete

Got this response from B&C on the FB side ...
Quote:
Boone and Crockett Club It's not a recovery attempt per se Ed, we produced this video two years ago. We do appreciate that you took the time to watch it, and are glad it helped clarify some things. Please let us know if you have any questions.

We have now progressed to the spin cycle. Not going to work IMO but when you are called out you have to try and save face.
Sad part of all this is the B&C statement is getting a lot of support from other hunting forums - I guess if you can't do it - then knock it or put LR hunting in the bad section of hunters.

The barrel resting on the shooting sticks at 12:01 killed me a little bit on the inside...:rolleyes:

Yes, I noticed that immediately and it's while talking about LRH, no less, and while showing someone not using equipment properly--that shouldn't even be in that video, made by folks that are supposed to know better, let alone using that footage during the discussion on LRH. Good job, B&C, a hunting authority, for demonstrating how to do it right.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.