Book Recommendations

mmh

I will be going on a cruise & need some recommendations on books on precision shooting & long range hunting. Prefer hardcopy but getting something that can be downloaded on a computer/droid will be OK too.

If you're looking for fiction try this one: Surviving Abe

Good reviews, has hunting and shooting, and it's on sale for $.99 on Amazon as an ebook.

I wrote it, and well...you asked for a book recommendation and I couldn't resist.

Jack

I will be going on a cruise & need some recommendations on books on precision shooting & long range hunting. Prefer hardcopy but getting something that can be downloaded on a computer/droid will be OK too.

Bryan Litz's books are outstanding. Read them in order for best understanding.

Bryan Litz's books are outstanding. Read them in order for best understanding.
So which one would you recommend first:
Applied Ballistics "Modern Advancements in Long Range Shooting Volume 1"

or

Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting?

So which one would you recommend first:
Applied Ballistics "Modern Advancements in Long Range Shooting Volume 1"

or

?

Read them in order. Start with Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting. It gives a great overview of the elements that affect trajectory.
Then Accuracy & Precision... It takes all of the elements covered in the first book and quantifies their effect. Also has a great section on using apps. I just started Modern Advancements I.

I really liked Nathan Foster's The Practical Guide to Long Range Hunting Cartridges
really good book. LRH store should really have this one.
Lots of cool info on things i thought i knew all about but suddenly learned a ton. for example: shot placement. Yes. after 30+ years of hunting and hundreds of four legged victims, i learned a lot about shot placement...
Has another book on Long range hunting rifles i just ordered.
Guy has some fantastic info. Great place to send bullet reports:
Extensive Field-Tested Rifle & Cartridge Research - BallisticStudies.com
Hope its Kosher to post this link here.
SnT

I bought all of Nathan Foster's books. He has included information I have never seen written anywhere. His web site also includes an interesting knowledgebase on bullets and their application for long range hunting.

Blwebster, what other book did you like best?
curious to see which one to get now. probably will buy them all.
thanks
SnT

Blwebster, what other book did you like best?
curious to see which one to get now. probably will buy them all.
thanks
SnT

1. Bolt action rifle accurizing and maintenance
2. Long Range Hunting Rifles

I got them as Ebooks. Lower cost and do not have to bother finding them if misplaced.
Always on my iPad or Macbook Pro

Just finished reading "Applied Ballistics for Long-Range Shooting" and watching "Putting Rounds on Target". This was a great read. I did not realize how little I knew about long range shooting. I will definitely read "Accuracy and Precision..." next.

What about a book recommendation on shooting technique?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.