bone collector vs pro hunter

longrangehuntr

Anyone have any reviews on either of these muzzleloaders? I will be hunting in wet conditions and high elevation.

Anyone have any reviews on either of these muzzleloaders? I will be hunting in wet conditions and high elevation.

They're both great rifles, with many of both being used in the mid-west. I prefer the Pro Hunter myself. Always been partial to the Encore Platform rifles. As far as any wet conditions, what would apply to ANY muzzleloader applies to either.

Many shooters have bought the FX Pro Hunter, which is a designated muzzleloader and unable to change barrels. However this also presents some issues if a shooter wants to modify the trigger pull, hinge pin etc. The 209x50 or XT are much easier to modify and improve, so much so its like having a different rifle. Modifications to make a great rifle an excellent rifle are about $35.00 making the modifications yourself.

IMO you wouldn't go wrong with either but, my preference would be the Pro Hunter.

I do not have any experience with the bone collector. But I do own a Pro Hunter. I love my Pro Hunter. I am shooting 110gr(volume) of Blackhorn pushing a 290gr barnes. I shoot my fouler, and then 3 shot groups of 1".

The reason I choice the Pro Hunter is for the changeability of the platform. I have not hunted at high elevations with it, but many a foul weather day. No problems with the foul weather. I have even spent a few days at the range on bad days, without a problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.