• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

BOLT RELEASE AXIS

wyowinchester

I need a part for a SAVAGE AXIS. The bolt release is also part of the firing pin, and safety. When you take the safety off the pin drops.
Looks like it was filed down where it notches in the trigger. Looking for a new one. Got a message in to Savage also.

Savage is weird about selling parts. Some stuff they will only repair if you send the whole rifle in and they will put it back to stock if you have changed anything. Trigger parts usually fall under that.

If someone makes an aftermarket trigger with that part (I think it's the sear piece actually), that might be easier to get from somewhere other than Savage.

You could also look for someone parting out an Axis on Ebay or a Savage forum.

I was able to buy one Savage sear but it's from a 110 style Accutrigger counter top display for gun shops. It has a trigger, a sear and a partial receiver but the sear is not compatible with an Axis.

Oh, I did buy that trigger for an Axis, evidently the Accutrigger trigger blade is the same and has the same sear engagement so with some filing, the trigger blade will fit an Axis trigger housing and work with an Axis sear. Eventually I just bought an Axis II which already had it's own Accutrigger so the extra trigger will be going in a 110 build project.

Last edited:
I think your right about the sear. I looked for a Timiney. They didn't have the complete housing with the sear. Hoping someone was parting one out here.