Bolt Question

Tikkamike

I am just getting started with a 338 Lapua Build on a 700. I was planning on having PTG put together a bolt for me then I was David Tubb makes a complete custom 700 bolt Tubb;s is more expensive my a little more than a hundred dollars but that is not really a big deal if its that much better. It is a bigger diameter which will fit tighter and it comes with everything you could want in a 700 bolt. I just want to know if anyone has experience with either the PTG or Tubb's I would like to hear more about Tubbs, than just what they say about it.

I have been puting The PT&G .704 Bolts in my guns. This is after i turn the raceway to .705 I.D. if you wasnt wanting to spend the extra money on opening up for the bigger bolt i would go with the pt&g standard bolt with the mini m16 extractor. This work much better then the sako or remington extractor.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.