Bolt lift click on tikka

I think I'd be discussing my issues with them. You should not be having extraction issues with a new custom barrel.

Even the best can let a bad one get out the door now and again.
Unfortunately there have been a few issues with this build and OMR told me to pound sand. It shoots great, but it's had feeding issues and now extraction issues.

Unfortunately there have been a few issues with this build and OMR told me to pound sand. It shoots great, but it's had feeding issues and now extraction issues.
Your extraction issues didn't show up though until after 4 firings on the brass. If something is wrong with the chamber causing a extraction issue then it more than likely JUST happened to the chamber. Again, this is common on SAUM, WSM, and PRC cartridges. Especially when running ADG brass and hot loads. There was only one groove in there that was suspect that I saw but I could be wrong. Bore scopes freak people out because everything's so magnified.

Your extraction issues didn't show up though until after 4 firings on the brass. If something was wrong with the chamber causing extraction issue then it more than likely JUST happened to the chamber. Again, this is common on SAUM, WSM, and PRC cartridges. Especially when running ADG brass and hot loads. There was only one groove in there that was suspect that I saw but I could be wrong. Bore scopes freak people out because everything's so magnified.
My thought was it took 2-3 firings for the brass to grow the full size of the chamber. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. Just speculating. Also, when you look at the case I painted with the sharpie, there's no scuffing around the web which made me think it wasn't binding there

Heres a good read about multiple others having the same issue. When the last time you cleaned your barrel and chamber? Sometimes you can have cleaning solution that got into your chamber and when it dries it leave a slight residue and cause increased pressure and harder extraction. Have you called Whidden yet? If you want to go down the rabbit hole 🕳 further you could also have the chamber recut with a finish reamer. I actually just did my PRC today.

Well, that's certainly no way to earn repeat business.

You need to find a good gunsmith to take a hard look at it and discuss your issues with. Sorry you got screwed and treated in such a manner.

Welllll….I took it to a gunsmith today. A guy that comes highly recommended and that I've used in the past. He was shocked at the condition of the chamber. He said he'd never seen a custom gun like that, maybe a Remington 700. Lol.

He believes that the brass is flowing into the rings and they're binding it when the bolt lifts. He's not sure he can salvage the barrel but he's going to chase it with his reamer by hand, then hand polish it.

Not sure if that's the issue, but the chamber was in such bad shape he said he wouldn't do anything to the gun before that was corrected. I'm pretty **** upset, but I'm glad it's in good hands.

Welllll….I took it to a gunsmith today. A guy that comes highly recommended and that I've used in the past. He was shocked at the condition of the chamber. He said he'd never seen a custom gun like that, maybe a Remington 700. Lol.

He believes that the brass is flowing into the rings and they're binding it when the bolt lifts. He's not sure he can salvage the barrel but he's going to chase it with his reamer by hand, then hand polish it.

Not sure if that's the issue, but the chamber was in such bad shape he said he wouldn't do anything to the gun before that was corrected. I'm pretty **** upset, but I'm glad it's in good hands.
This is one of those times when I really hate being right but I'm glad I could point you in the right direction.

I'd get him to type you something up you can put with the pictures so you can take OCR to small claims court and at least get your money back.

It'll be interesting if this clears it up. This still doesn't change the fact that your dies are not sizing the brass down enough. It's definitely a good start though to have the chamber cleaned up.

This is one of those times when I really hate being right but I'm glad I could point you in the right direction.

I'd get him to type you something up you can put with the pictures so you can take OCR to small claims court and at least get your money back.
Good thinking. I wonder if there's a claim there? I'd do it more out of spite at this point due to the way he's handled the issues.

Good thinking. I wonder if there's a claim there? I'd do it more out of spite at this point due to the way he's handled the issues.
There definitely is, you just need to frame your statements to the judge properly and note that you tried repeatedly to make it right.

If the gunsmith attempting to fix it will also write out a sworn statement to that affect you should be able to collect not only your original purchase price back but whatever it costs to have it repaired. Some judges would only give you one or the other but either is better than what you have now.