bolt handle mods

MontanaMarine

i've had the bolts modified on both my 700s by Jeff Hicks at HD Rifles. I highly recommend his service.

Here's a couple pics to show the oversize Badger knob, and 3-screw reinforcement.

MM
081114.jpg

081195.jpg

081115.jpg

i am having a 300win mag built along the lines of a tactical rifle and i would like to know where i can send my bolt to ,to get an oversize handle installed ...how long it will take ... and how much it will cost me...
thanx in advance..
Brien

You can also order the Badger bolt knob from Brownells and have it installed locally, putting screws in like Jeff does to guarantee the handle don't come is recomended too.

If you're handy with a grinder and files you can reshape the bolt knob, shorten it, thread and install the bolt knob yourself, it's really not that hard and comes with complete instructions.

Definitely get it done. I love those things. I ordered it from Brownells and had a local gunsmith install it. This was his first one, but he said it was simple. It comes with instructions. I'm guessing you can find someone locally to do it for you as well. I think he charged somewhere in the $35 - $50 range to do it.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.