Bolt action pistol build

Ricky C

Hey,
So this is what I know so far, the caliber will be 25 CM. Already have Petersen brass and Redding bushing dies. I'm right handed. Pretty sure it'll get a rifle scope, so probably an APA brake. I have some on rifles and I like how they work. Barrel big enough for 5/8x24 threads.

Here's where I'm looking for advice from Ernie and all you other experienced bolt pistol people: action (thinking about an axiom, left bolt 60 degree throw); no idea on where to buy the center grip stock; saw a gentleman's name for the trigger assembly on here. I'll find him again and write it down!

I've shot contenders and encores for years, this will be the first bolt pistol.

Please help me get it right!

Thanks and Take Care

I am really loving the Kauger Arms action-FWIW.
If you are going to use a non-designated clone 700 SA, you are looking at a laminated stock, as the McMillan fiberglass would need a insert/be lengthened to fit a 700 SA.
Jim Rockwell Junior is the only person I know of currently that is making a center-grip stock for a 700 SA.
I hope things are better now, but there have been some frustrated customers. I have a friend who is waiting on a center-grip SA stock from Jim Jr as I type, and to my knowledge, it has not been delivered yet. There is also a wood stock maker (Emma Creek Gunworks) just North of Wichita KS, that uses beautiful wood, but it will take a major amount of finishing work. If they finish the stock themselves, they will be beautiful.
Dell Taylor makes a lengthened trigger for a 700 SA, but it will have not safety.
I have a number of Dell's triggers-Nice and light!
You could also have a smith lengthen a factory XP-100 trigger as well

There have been cracking issues on the Rockwell Stocks.
I hate being negative, but it has been an issue.

Thanks, I tried to find a website for Emma Creek, but only found some nonsense sites. Did see facebook, but I don't do facebook. I found a phone number and will try that to get a price on a stock. If I go with them I'll probably do the finishing myself, I've made a couple stocks and forearms for contenders and encores.

Ernie, seriously appreciate all the knowledge you share here.

Take Care

I think you've decided against 25 Creed and want to sell me all that brass? Jk great choice I will follow this thread with interest. These pistol rifles or whatever they are called are so cool.