Bog pod deathgrip

• Thread starter Deleted member 108014
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 108014

Anybody use the bogpod deathgrip? Currently on sale at local sporting goods store. Thinking of getting one for coyote hunting and use in the box blinds especially for the young up and coming hunters. Nothing worse than a youngster not be able to get steady for a shot and getting frustrated.

I bought one for my son to use when hunting hogs with a thermal. It works good for him, they are pretty heavy to carry but it does help keep things steady.

Yes!

.30 LARA 4 of 9.jpg

It is my goto coyote must have. I don't have to lay in snow. If you are tough on gear get the carbon however if you are not the aluminum is fine. I have the carbon

I have the 'Carbon Fiber' version of the Pod. It still weighs a ton. It's big and heavy and slow to set up. I padded the jaws with some buckskin I had for better finish protection for the rifle. Good setup for sniping but not for stalking

I also have Primos 'Trigger Sticks' - light and fast and quiet. Great for stalking and faster action. Different concept - they aren't a clamp - just a stable, height-adjustable rest. Works great!

I have the 'Carbon Fiber' version of the Pod. It still weighs a ton. It's big and heavy and slow to set up. I padded the jaws with some buckskin I had for better finish protection for the rifle. Good setup for sniping but not for stalking

I also have Primos 'Trigger Sticks' - light and fast and quiet. Great for stalking and faster action. Different concept - they aren't a clamp - just a stable, height-adjustable rest. Works great!
I have both and agree with your comments ...

Tripods for shooting.jpg

Love mine. Coyote hunt with mine all the time. Great deal for 150.00 ish. We sell out at the gun shop pretty quickly when we get them available.

Yep, I really like it and have used it to 710 yards on steel so far! Hoping to use them on the ever growing packs after deer season!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.