BOG “Deathgrip” Tri-Pod anyone?

Prone doesn't matter as much to me as I usually have a magpul bipod in most the time anyhow.
As for how good they are. Theses style setups are amazing for hunting with. Very stable compared to just sticks.

Awwww, he should be fine then. According to the bathroom scale it weighs just a little over 9 lbs. This thing is a tank for sure and takes some 'adult hand-torque' to tighten everything down real well. Hope you and the Grandson can have some fun with one! ;)

with the virus stuff going on my grandson is staying with us . His school is closed , daycare is closed . Dad and Mom both working . today is the first decent day , that I had time , to get him out shooting . so I gave him his birthday presents about a month early , He'll be 7 in April . after banging steel , and punchin cardboard , he had the opportunity to kill his first milk jug . all joking aside , this is a really nice tripod for the price .thanks for the info , it is appreciated . I gotta get a youth stock yet and he'll be set .

Attachments

• P3220892.JPG
    P3220892.JPG
    650.6 KB · Views: 58
  • P3220893.JPG
    P3220893.JPG
    628.9 KB · Views: 54
  • P3220895.JPG
    P3220895.JPG
    543.3 KB · Views: 66
  • P3220894.JPG
    P3220894.JPG
    297.4 KB · Views: 58
Here is a cool tip to shoot any tripod better. I use a regular flush cup swivels to a piece of 550 then tie a distel hitch from the tail of the rear to take the slack out after wrapping my foot twice. Just step on the gas and adjust till npa is perfect. More stable than a bench sitting or standing off mine Standing hold your foot off the ground then just stand on the wrapped foot!! They show sitting better than I can describe it

Anyone have an opinion on the promos trigger stick looks like it might be a lot faster to setup on

I just clamp the bracket on the spotter with the hog saddle. I also use a surveyor's tripod which is quite stable and I have it for work in the truck almost always.
Thats what I was thinking too - I wonder how stable that would be for glassing...I like the idea of the death grip, but would like something to do double duty with a spotter :)

Thats what I was thinking too - I wonder how stable that would be for glassing...I like the idea of the death grip, but would like something to do double duty with a spotter :)
I've been using it for my spotter and my rangefinder. I've picked up about 300yds with my rangefinder using the hog saddle to clamp it to the rangefinder. I could do 820-830 before with a small camera bipod. This was fine for what I do but I tried it and got the extra level and I don't know if it's because I'm higher off the ground or ore stable or a bit of both but I'll take it.
For my spotter mine is a 16-48x65mm. The hog saddle grabs the 3" bracket you normally screw the 1/4-20 into. By grabbing the whole bracket it has more stability which gives me a better image to see bullet holes in black targets I couldn't see before.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.