Bob Costas air gun ban rant during NFL game

kenpcpilot

During the half-time show on the last Sunday Night Football show commentor Bob Costas states he agrees with gun ban. He quoted from an article published by sports journalist Jason Whitlock regarding the recent murder-suicide commited by a Kansas City Chiefs black player. Whitlock a black man states "The NRA is the new KKK" in an absolutely absurd report he blames the gun in a racist rant causing this player to murder his girlfriend then commit suicide. They portray the player as a poor victim of "America's gun culture". However they forgot to leave out that just the night before the player took another woman he also identified as his "girlfriend" out to dinner got drunk and fell asleep in his car outside this other women's apartment. Police found him and he went inside and spent the rest of the night with the other women. I hope every other citizens do as I did and email Bob Costas, Jason Whitlock, NBC and NFL Commisiner Bob Goodle telling them we are boycoting and express your outrage. Comparing law abiding gun owners to the KKK is unbelieveable. Nothing is being said about domestic violence, cold blooded murder. Only the sadness and loss of this player and how the gun is responsible.

I saw that rant and my jaw dropped, I couldn't believe he voiced his personal view? He forgot to mention OJ butchering his wife and another person though? So I wonder how he feels about knife control? I think baseball bats could be on the list at some point.

It kills me that these idiotic people think guns are evil. It's the people that commit murder and other horrible crimes that are to blame. Like the old saying "guns don't kill people, people kill people". Doesn't matter how many gun laws these morons try to get passed, the bad people will always have guns. It will just make it that much harder for myself and other law abiding citizens to protect our children and loved ones.

Nathan

I saw that rant and my jaw dropped, I couldn't believe he voiced his personal view? He forgot to mention OJ butchering his wife and another person though? So I wonder how he feels about knife control? I think baseball bats could be on the list at some point.
Dont forget cars, and ladders..... Yet they legalize marijuana :rolleyes:.

Dont forget cars, and ladders..... Yet they legalize marijuana :rolleyes:.

+1.......... yet they are the intellectuals ??

They pass laws for alcohol and millions of dollars spent on court costs and hospital bills due to DUI. Drunk drivers have taken peoples lives . So if there thinking is correct then why dont they jump up and down to have ALL cars taken away ?? (whats the difference)?

The thug will always get his dope booze and gun.
I refuse to let go of mine !

I'll have to be somewhat "polite" here but Costas and Whitlock are just plain idiots. Period.
If you want to read some comments about what Whitlock had said, go to the FOX sports website and I actually found it amazing that most folks who replied to him were very supportive of the gun issue.
Bill O'Rielly of the O'Reilly factor just said tonight that Costas will be on his show tomorrow night to "explain" what he said and why he said it. Yeah, well, whatever.
It seems nowadays that if you disagree with anyone, you are a racist, a sexist or a right wing gun toting wacko. My other half and I invented a new word over the weekend because we felt that we needed something to describe how we feel about certain people. We are now referring to ourselves as "stupidists." We are against stupid people. And Bob Costas is stupid.

Randy

........of course being a life member in the NRA and on their e-mail list, I was instantly bombarded with all sorts of rebuttals from th NRA. To which....

IMO, my personal opinion, it's past time for firearms, in general, to be un-catergorized as the tools to kill innocent people. It's the person using the tool, not the tool thats destructive and that applies to any physical object, not just firearms.

The problem is, at some point, all this will directly affect the sport we all love to participate in and not in a positive manner either.

I think back to Kelly Macmillan and that fiasco as just the tip of the iceberg.

BTW, if this post flies in the face of the users agreement, Len can pull it. I understand perfectly. I'm really fed up with the tack the media has taken and the current administration has fostered concerning firearms in general. Just because I'm a responsible gun owner, CCW permit carrier and FFL holder, don't make me a second class citizen, in fact, it makes me a very scrutinized citizen.

I don't agree with whats occuring but other than a single vote, I feel powerless to stop it and, from the outcome of the past election, it appears that the majority of citizens in this country favor the current tack......

I guess we all better enjoy them (firearms) while we can. Legal firearm ownership appears to be a finite thing.

Exactly sidecarflip, i hammer can be used to pound in nails, but with misuse it can be used to pound in skulls. :rolleyes:

Per Costas the great "If Jovan Belcher didnt posess a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today". If I didnt posess a spoon I wouldnt be FAT!!!. These death's are a TRAGEDY! But that gun was no more responsible for those deaths than my wifes fine china is to my cholesteral. May they rest in peace. I guess I can believe he would take advantage of the air time and voice his ignorant opinion. I will from here forward boycott any broadcast this idiot is on. And will listen on the radio if need be. Most games are better "watched" that way anyhow.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts