Bob and Woody

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
This is a picture of a Tom cat I got whiles hunting at night for coyotes also a wood chuck I got ih PA. I am using a RRA Fred Ecilher Coyote special AR .223 with a Night Vision D760 Gen 3.. FLIR Scout III IR, and my day scope CUSTOM Leupold VXIII 4.5 x 14. Using .223 SGK 65 gr.

Attachments

• Len & Bob.jpg
    Len & Bob.jpg
    588.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 223 RRA.jpg
    223 RRA.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 142
  • Tom cat.jpg
    Tom cat.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 107
  • Woody and Bob.jpg
    Woody and Bob.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 107
  • Bob and Woody.jpg
    Bob and Woody.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 143
Thanks I try to leave a few in the area to keep nature in balance. This one, If I rembember was a Tom 30+ lbs and 33" long. I have several larger cats,especilly up noth in PA. This is a GA Tom. I find cat hunting a lot more challenging that coyotes. Coyotes usally run right up, but a cat can take up to an hour to your set. Boy they sure are a magnificent animal, I have watched them without shooting just to see how they operate.

I'm sure I would enjoy watching leppards also . Slow and know where their foot will be placed at all times they may start to put it down then slowly draw it back for reasons of their own .

Leopard is one of the deadliest cats, because of size, speed, cunning, and attitude....when they use hounds on leopards, when the cat trees and the man walks up, the cat runs through the dogs to get the man.............he knows who sent the dogs and he wants to kill him.....quite different than a mountain lion. Peter Hathaway Cap[stick wrote some excellent stuff on Africa, but especially on the leopard. I am a readoholic............. ;) 🙏 👍

Leopard is one of the deadliest cats, because of size, speed, cunning, and attitude....when they use hounds on leopards, when the cat trees and the man walks up, the cat runs through the dogs to get the man.............he knows who sent the dogs and he wants to kill him.....quite different than a mountain lion. Peter Hathaway Cap[stick wrote some excellent stuff on Africa, but especially on the leopard. I am a readoholic............. ;) 🙏 👍
I saw a video of a Leopard hunt. They were in a grounf blind and th cat was 75 yards away across a small stream/ravine. The hunter shot the cat with a .375 H&H right in the heart. Now this cat had it's heart blowen out and no blood pumping through it's body. That cat jumped across the strea/ravine and ran full charge at the hunters ground blind It took the cat about 3 seconds to cove the 75yards and the only thing that stopped hime was the tree limbs that made the blind. The cat stopped/died at the hunters feet. It was noe ov the scariest videos I ever saw. The hunter did not even get a chance to shoot twice. Just think if the cat's heart was not blowen out.

When they hunted Tigers off of Elephants they would also carry a "HOWDAH" with their rifle. The Howdah was a muzzel loader two barrel black powder pistol in something like a 100.00 caliber. They would load each barrel with a "handful" of black powder and 500 gr bullet. They used this pistol as a last resort for when the Tirger would climb up the elephant to get the hunters.

I enjoy learning things and not only by reading but from talking with others as well as trying to study things that I want to learn about .

When a person decides they may want to learn about blending in , stalking prey , being stealthy and just being aware of their surroundings in general they could do worse then studying cats for sure .

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts