Board shooting ?

birddog67

What do you all do when you can't get back into shooting ? Last six months can't seam to get back into loading and shooting ? Look for advice .... lightbulb

Get a new rifle.
Challenge yourself with some long range steel.
Find a shooting partner with the same passion.

Every year, I take an Airman or two from my squadron out shooting or hunting who is otherwise NEVER afforded the opportunity to experience it. On most instances, I am more excited than they are. :D

The last Airman I took under my wing sort of speak left last December. Took him out 2 years ago, he has never hunted before and his only weapons handling experience before was basic training M-16 and 9MM training and annual qualification.

He never owned any weapon before. However, when he left, he ended up with a .357 pistol, 12G pump shotgun, AR-15 type platform rifle, .22 LR rifle, and a .308 rifle. I must be a bad influence. :cool:

Once you reach a certain level of proficiency, static shooting at targets can get pretty boring. I found a good way to stay fresh and motivated many years ago was to participate in competitive shooting. It doesnt have to be formal match shooting. Many local clubs have informal fun shoots like silhouette, egg shoots, woodchuck shoots, etc. In my locale the various clubs have one or two egg shoots a month from April to October. I think 200/300 yards eggs shoots are a great way to stay engaged, particularly if you use the same style rifle you use for hunting. With a 10 MPH wind, hitting an egg at 300 yards can be a very challenging experience, but superb practice for even a seasoned shooter. It also draws a lot of common minded long range shooters with a wealth of knowledge.

Cut your trigger finger off and gouge out your dominant eye!!! Soon you will want to shoot, and won't be able to. Then, you will think about how dumb you were for not shooting when you could have!!!

I have been working a lot lately and on my little bit of free time I've been prepping and loading for 25-06 while waiting on a new scope and rings to arrive. My youngest son had to talk me into shooting 22s at the rimfire gallery at our local range, lots of small reactive steel targets set up kinda hap hazard. Man, you wanna talk about fun! We even ran the dueling tree to see who was the fastest, before we new it the range master was closing down. That really rejuvenated me. Now I'm thinking about how to do a 300yd 22WMR milk jug challenge......
E

Cut your trigger finger off and gouge out your dominant eye!!! Soon you will want to shoot, and won't be able to. Then, you will think about how dumb you were for not shooting when you could have!!!

Well you dont really have to cut things off or gouge things out in order to someday
realize it would have been best to do certain things while you were able. At least for
most of us. But that dosent necessarily include loading ammo or shooting rifles.
I still say its a sympton of aging and its a known fact age affects some of us sooner than others.

I bought myself a slingshot $5 and a bag of gum balls $3 box of beer$15 sat on the patio and practiced my drinking and shooting the cans. Can't beat that kind of fun for only $23. Plus it is a lot harder than one might think.

I bought myself a slingshot $5 and a bag of gum balls $3 box of beer$15 sat on the patio and practiced my drinking and shooting the cans. Can't beat that kind of fun for only $23. Plus it is a lot harder than one might think.
If your having trouble getting those red gumballs to group....try a mag primer....hahaha

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.