Blue Mountain 7 PRC

I was hoping to have shot already. I mounted a Vortex Razor HD on it and idk that I'm really happy with the weight of it now. I have a NX8 sitting here and a Leupold Mark 5 also. Idk what to do

I was hoping to have shot already. I mounted a Vortex Razor HD on it and idk that I'm really happy with the weight of it now. I have a NX8 sitting here and a Leupold Mark 5 also. Idk what to do
I was undecided between an NX8 and a MK5. I chose the MK5 once I got behind a couple of each . I liked the NX8 4x32 much better than the 2.5x20 . But the end outcome was the Lupy 3.6x18 MK5. It sat just right off the get go.

Howdy, depends on the intended purpose. March long range, Swarovski and Leica for lite weight and clarity.....just a couple that come to mind.

I just put a 3-15 Vortex Razor HD LHT on a light weight (6 pounds bare weight) hunting specific rifle. The scope itself weighs 20.5 oz. In addition to the light weight, It has some features I like. Locking elevation turret is very easy to use. The clicks on the elevation turret are crisp. Very simple zero stop. The reticle is simple but effective 2moa hash marks. I actually like the single dot center aiming point and with the push of a button, the center dot is lit and the brightness is adjustable. There are also dislikes, the windage is capped which is good and bad. I would prefer it be exactly like the elevation. The clicks on the windage are a bit soft for my liking. It is still new to me, only 63 rounds through the gun total, but so far I am pleased.

I just put a 3-15 Vortex Razor HD LHT on a light weight (6 pounds bare weight) hunting specific rifle. The scope itself weighs 20.5 oz. In addition to the light weight, It has some features I like. Locking elevation turret is very easy to use. The clicks on the elevation turret are crisp. Very simple zero stop. The reticle is simple but effective 2moa hash marks. I actually like the single dot center aiming point and with the push of a button, the center dot is lit and the brightness is adjustable. There are also dislikes, the windage is capped which is good and bad. I would prefer it be exactly like the elevation. The clicks on the windage are a bit soft for my liking. It is still new to me, only 63 rounds through the gun total, but so far I am pleased.
I have the 4.2-22 FFP version on a Mark V Weatherby 300 WBY Mag. I took it to New Mexico last month and killed an elk at 503 yards with it. My only complaint is the mushy clicks and cheap feeling illumination button. Other than that it's an amazing scope.

Sweet!! Keep an eye out for ammo all of you, I was going to post on here brownells had 140 boxes in stock at midnight but immediately ran out of stock, I got 5 boxes for my friend who has been waiting like everyone else. I caught wind that Hornady has mass produced it, but we'll see. At least more brass will come available.

Last edited: