Blue Dot long range loads

I have use IMR4198 in a 308 . I used it with 125 grain ballistic tip bullets . it shot at , or under under moa . I did this for a young girl that was just starting to shoot centerfire rifles .

I've used IMR SR4759 . I did this reduced load in a 30.06 for another new young shooter . this has been a long time ago . I forget how well it shot .

@ Blancoalex , you are correct , it would be very easy to double charge a case . you have to be extremely cautious

I don't know if any of you gentlemen have heard it, but I've seen multiple source quote 5744, was originally developed as a hand grenade powder. I've only tried it a couple of times... I thought it had a loud retort.. I haven't used it much tho, due to the price being quite a bit higher than some of the other powders I have used for reduced recoil loads, which are still FULL Pressure loads. The extra expense isn't that big of a deal unless you shoot high volume of them as I usually do.. I was out shooting ground squirrels the other day, shot 120 rounds in 3 hours, not a high count day, but for early in the season, I shot 120 rounds and was hitting about a 100 for the day.. from 10 to about 200 yds... 2.5 x 10 Scope, on a high round count 223, ADL, sporter 24 inch barrel.... load was 14 grains of Blue Dot, 40 grain V Max.. right at 3300 fps MV.. consider 40 to 45 mph winds all day, the rifle and the round did well. "shooting bench" was the hood of a 1988 4 Runner